10 Great Things About Becoming a Member of the Walden University Alumni Community
Graduating from college is an incredible accomplishment, and increasingly more people are attending college. Whether earning a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree, completing your college education increases earning potential; creates more job opportunities; leads to greater benefits, job stability, and security; and positively impacts the well-being of one’s family.1 That’s why when the decision is made to earn a degree online or on campus, it’s important to not only research the degree program, university reputation, and student experience, but also how the university supports its alumni.
To date, Walden University has graduated more than 147,000 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral students. Becoming a member of this ambitious community of social change agents at a reputable university like Walden, means gaining access to the online university’s resources, well-regarded faculty, and flourishing network of professionals from more than 165 countries.
Here are 10 great things about being a member of the Walden University alumni community:
- Opportunities to Connect: Alumni can stay connected to fellow graduates long after their classroom experiences are over. Whether through virtual networking opportunities, face to face events in key regions, alumni chapters and other special interest groups on Facebook, or a wide variety of webinars, alumni can stay engaged with the vibrant Alumni Association community.
- Retain access to Career Planning and Development: Alumni are always welcome to take advantage of the support and services offered by the Career Planning and Development team. From career management and resume building tools to career skills webinars and an online job posting system, alumni can find the help they need to advance in their professions and achieve their goals.
- Exclusive discounts: As a Walden alumnus, you now get exclusive
discounts at over 300,000 retailers. The Walden University Alumni Advantage Program helps you shop for less both in store and online.
- Walden Alumni Tuition Award: Walden alumni who have completed a degree program can save a substantial amount on tuition over the lifetime of their program when they return for their next degree or certificate program.
- Alumni Referrals: Inspire others to start an educational journey at Walden, a university with a strong reputation for student and faculty accomplishment. Alumni referrals can receive savings opportunities that can last the lifetime of their degree or certificate program. When alumni refer a family member or friend to Walden, they can receive tuition savings.
- Walden magazine: Alumni receive a complimentary subscription to the university’s award-winning Walden magazine, published twice a year. Explore the success stories and career paths of alumni from around the world. Alumni also have a chance at appearing in the pages by simply sharing their own story.
- Alumni Chapters: Walden alumni chapters are a resource for alumni to stay connected. Each state alumni chapter has a Facebook group which has posts on the latest Walden alumni news, benefits, and regional alumni events. Walden state alumni chapters host networking events, group outings, and volunteer activities.
- Alumni Awards Programs: Doctoral alumni who have completed their programs within the past five years may apply for the Presidential Alumni Research Dissemination Award, which recognizes the outstanding achievements of those alumni who have either published or presented their Walden research publicly. Once a year, Walden honors one graduate with the Outstanding Alumni Award, which is given to a graduate who exemplifies Walden’s mission to effect positive social change through contributions to his or her profession, discipline, or community.
- Alumni Ambassadors: The Walden Alumni Ambassador Program is an elite network of alumni leaders who advocate for the university and one another by raising awareness of Walden as a leader of social change in their local communities, workplaces, professional associations, and social groups. Alumni Ambassadors are able to plug into Walden’s new social sharing platform—the Walden Ambassadors Network. Here they can network and exchange ideas with fellow Alumni Ambassadors, become a thought leader in their industry, and help amplify Walden’s positive reputation and collective mission to effect positive social change.
- Volunteering and Effecting Positive Social Change. Alumni have the opportunity to join students, faculty, and staff members throughout the worldwide Walden community during one week in October to participate in the university’s annual Global Days of Service and live the university’s mission as social change agents.
When you choose a reputable university like Walden and take advantage of all the university has to offer, you might just find that earning your bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree was just the beginning of your journey.
Walden University is an accredited institution offering online bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. Expand your career options and earn your degree in a convenient, flexible format that fits your busy life.
*R. Beckstead, Benefits of College and a College Degree, College Atlas, on the internet at www.collegeatlas.org/earn-a-college-degree.html.
†Source: www.WaldenU.edu/survey_methodology; % calculated on total number of respondents to our 2015 survey.