Enhance achievement in the classroom by developing and leading technology-driven solutions.
Next Start Dates
Courses with a set schedule
April 10, 2023
Up to 22 Credits
Lead Learning Innovation With an EdS in Educational Technology
Technology is changing the way we learn—everywhere from pre-kindergarten classrooms to corporations and hospitals. With an Education Specialist (EdS) in Educational Technology (Non-Licensure), you can guide technology initiatives that transform instruction and achievement in your school, district, or organization.
An EdS in Educational Technology empowers educators to integrate the latest technologies and instructional design principles to enhance learner success. This non-licensure program is ideal for P–12 teachers and administrators, technology coaches, instructional designers, military and corporate trainers, and others who want to transform their learning environments.
Gain Strategies for Success
Build practical skills in visual design principles, multimedia creation, and eLearning curriculum development.
Grow Your Confidence
In your capstone, collaborate with an organization to identify a gap in training and development and propose an informed solution.
Expand Your Horizons
Gain research and leadership skills that can serve you both professionally and academically.
- 45 quarter credits
View the COMPLETE CURRICULUM PLAN.
Time to completion will vary by student, depending on individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable. For a personalized estimate of the number of your transfer credits that Walden would accept, call an Enrollment Specialist at 844-768-0539.
Tuition and Fees
|Tuition||45 quarter credit hours||$640 per quarter hour||$28,800|
|Technology Fee||Per quarter||$170||$1,530|
*This sequence represents the minimum time to completion. Time to completion will vary by student, depending on individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable. For a personalized estimate of the number of your transfer credits that Walden would accept, call an Enrollment Specialist at 855-646-5286.
Tuition and fees are subject to change. Books and materials are not included.
Paying for Your Education
Our Enrollment Specialists can help you outline a plan and find resources for funding your education.
Completed online application and transcripts. Please note that the materials you are required to submit may vary depending on the academic program to which you apply.
More information for international applicants.
Program Learning Outcomes
All EdS graduates will be prepared to:
- Apply discipline-specific knowledge to address issues in educational settings.
- Apply evidence-based practices to address a problem within the academic and/or work environment and propose a solution.
- Communicate information to a variety of stakeholders using oral and written formats.
- Practice ethically as a professional in the field of education.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to promote continuous improvement in educational settings.
- Advocate for social change to make a positive impact in educational settings.
Specialization Learning Outcomes
In addition to the shared EdS learning outcomes above, Educational Technology graduates will be prepared to:
- Effect positive social change through the use of integrative, innovative technology in the workplace.
- Apply innovative technological solutions to learning challenges.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to work within a learning community of people, technologies, resources, and professional associations.
- Develop innovative intervention plans based on the analysis of educational technology needs.
- Approach issues in educational technology using sound principles of digital and information literacy.
- Evaluate research in educational technology that is relevant to resolving local or workplace problems.
- Practice ethically in the profession.
- Communicate ideas to audiences using effective oral, written, and digital formats.
- Address diversity/multiculturalism through the use of educational technology in designing instruction.
- Design a scholarly response to address an educational technology problem and contribute to the profession.
Advance Instructional Design in Your Organization
With an EdS in Educational Technology from Walden, you’ll be ready to lead instructional innovation in your school, district, or organization. Learn to create technology-infused programs, training, curriculum, and assessments that meet learners’ current and future needs. Explore the latest findings and prepare to make informed, research-driven decisions that positively impact any learning environment.
Meet Your Academic Team
With an EdS in Educational Technology, you can develop and lead technology-supported solutions to learning challenges in the P–12 classroom and countless other environments. Become the go-to technology resource who facilitates interactive and exciting new ways to learn.
An educational technology specialist degree can open the door to opportunities for advancement into specialized roles. Earn a valuable academic credential or transfer seamlessly into a doctorate program later if you choose to.
Walden’s Riley College of Education and Leadership has nearly
An EdS in Educational Technology can position you to pursue career options such as:2
- Educational technology director/administrator
- Director of technology
- Technology coach/technology professional development administrator
- Director of center for teaching and learning
An EdS in Educational Technology can position you to work in settings such as:3
- P–12 education
- University teaching and/or faculty development centers
- Military instructional setting
- Medical instructional setting
You May Also Be Interested In
Questions about our Online EdS in Educational Technology?
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.
1Source: Walden University Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA), as of December 31, 2019.
2Source: Burning Glass Technologies Labor Insights™. Industry Analysis, active selections "nationwide" AND “last 12 months” AND “Industry: educational services” AND “Education: master’s.” Retrieved April 2020.
3Source: Burning Glass Technologies Labor Insights™. Skills Analysis, active selections "nationwide" and "Training and Development." Retrieved April 2020.
Note on Educator Licensure or Certification
This program does not lead to educator licensure or certification. Educators are advised to contact their individual school districts as to whether this program may qualify for salary advancement.