The PhD in Management program is designed to empower working professionals to excel as researchers, leaders, and change-makers in both business and academia.
Explore challenges and opportunities in the fast-evolving field of management through the ACBSP-accredited PhD in Management program from Walden University. Conduct original research in a specific area of interest to generate new knowledge, strategies, and best practices in the field. You can also study ways to facilitate positive social change through original research in ethical decision-making and socially responsible business practices.
Why Earn your PhD in Management From Walden?
- Choose from six specializations to enhance your knowledge in specific areas of management
- Conduct original research on a topic of your choosing to align with your personal or professional goals.
- Examine issues of ethics, social responsibility, and decision-making in today’s business environment.
- Participate in four residencies, allowing you to meet face-to-face with Walden faculty and network with your fellow doctoral candidates.
- Hone essential research and writing skills throughout your coursework and while attending academic residencies.
- Receive specialized support throughout your doctoral program, including Foundation and Doctoral Intensive Support courses, which allow you to explore real-world case studies and examples of successful capstones.
Walden University’s PhD in Management program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Key benefits of ACBSP accreditation are:
- Validation that your program meets nationally recognized standards of quality endorsed by businesses, government, and other organizations.
- Assurance that your program can provide you with the skills you need to compete in today’s global marketplace.
- Recognition by employers, graduate schools, and regulatory organizations.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Evaluate the evolution of the field of management and organizations and its influence on human and societal development.
- Analyze key theories, concepts, and tools as they relate to the functioning of leadership and organizations.
- Evaluate management and systems thinking principles that have influenced the development of organizations and societal systems.
- Evaluate the relevance of seminal, current, and emerging management and organizational change theory and practice from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to conduct research that contributes to positive social change.
Students in Walden’s online PhD in Management hail from a wide variety of educational and professional backgrounds. This interdisciplinary program is focused on developing relevant, valuable skills and competencies that are universally applicable to any career field.
As a PhD in Management graduate, you will be prepared to bring fresh knowledge, ideas, and perspectives to your field through a variety of potential career fields, including:
- Collegiate teaching
- Upper-level public policy or corporate policymaking
- Organizational innovation and change
Through a personalized and practical learning experience, our online PhD in Management can empower you to make more of an impact in your current role—or uncover exciting new possibilities along your career path.
Save Time and Money on Your Degree
The opportunity to transfer credit offers a cost-efficient way to continue your education. You may be able to reduce your required coursework by applying eligible academic credits toward your Walden degree program.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
Walden’s BS in Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), and PhD in Management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The MS in Accounting and BS in Accounting programs are also accredited by the ACBSP and have earned the organization’s Specialized Accounting Accreditation.