Walden’s online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program puts working professionals like you on a clear path to lifelong learning and success.
Maximizing your career options, making important contributions to your profession, reaching your potential—you define success, and Walden will help you achieve it. As a student in our online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree program, you can:
- Engage in coursework composed of 70% business topics. This helps ensure that you gain practical, relevant skills that can be applied in a variety of roles, functions, and industries.
- Gain insight into key business functions—such as accounting, finance, operations, and marketing—and how they work together to keep an organization running smoothly.
- Analyze issues that impact business decisions from economic, political, legal, ethical, and social-change perspectives.
- Examine how technology and innovation can help organizations develop a sustainable competitive advantage.
With more than 45 years of experience serving the needs of adult learners, Walden understands the challenges of maintaining a balance among work, school, and personal commitments. Our comprehensive student support services feature an array of resources dedicated to your success and well-being. From the moment you express interest in our online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program until graduation day, our team is here to help you navigate your journey and attain your educational and professional goals.
Walden University’s BS in Business Administration program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Key benefits of ACBSP accreditation are:
- Validation that your online business administration degree program meets nationally recognized standards of quality endorsed by businesses, government, and other organizations.
- Assurance that your business administration degree program can provide you with the skills you need to compete in today’s global marketplace.
- Recognition by employers, graduate schools, and regulatory organizations.
Our online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program helps prepare its graduates to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the fundamental business principles and practices that enable firms to operate in both domestic and global environments.
- Employ critical-thinking and analysis skills to solve business problems in a real-world context.
- Analyze ethical issues that impact business decisions from economic, political, legal, and social perspectives.
- Describe the ways in which diversity influences a company’s ability to achieve its goals.
- Evaluate the application of technology as a strategy for competitive advantage in business.
- Conduct basic research using scholarly sources to acquire new knowledge in the business domain.
Find a Meaningful Career
Your BS in Business Administration degree from Walden can open the door to a lifetime of career and earnings growth. It can also enhance your ability to find a meaningful career in which you can truly make a difference.
For 13 of the 30 fastest-growing occupations for 2012–2022, a bachelor’s degree or higher is required.*
Learn more about the career outlook for graduates with a BS in Business Administration
Increase Your Earnings Potential
With your Walden business administration degree in hand, you can expect to dramatically raise your earnings potential over the course of your career. The earnings gap between those who have four-year college degrees and those who do not has widened throughout the last four decades.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, adults with bachelor’s degrees earned an average of $57,616 in 2013, while those with high school diplomas earned $33,852.†
- According to a study conducted by Georgetown University, a bachelor's degree holder can expect to earn 84% more over their lifetime than someone with only a high school diploma.‡
To remain competitive in the job market of the future, a bachelor’s degree is critical as more and more individuals pursue higher education.
- In the most recent decade, total undergraduate enrollment in degree-granting postsecondary institutions increased from 13.2 million students in fall 2000 to 17.6 million in fall 2009.§
- Between 2011 and 2021, undergraduate enrollment is expected to increase by 16% to 20.3 million students.§
Reach Your Potential
With a BS in Business Administration from Walden, you’re giving yourself the greatest possible chance for success. Take this first step in your career path and prepare yourself for additional study that can lead to a master’s and then a doctoral degree.
Develop skills for success in:
- Critical thinking
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, “Employment Projections 2012–2022,” on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/ecopro.pdf (viewed online April 24, 2014). National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
†Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, “Earnings and unemployment rates by educational attainment,” on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_chart_001.htm (viewed online April 24, 2014).
‡Georgetown University, The College Payoff,” on the Internet at https://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/reg/hearulemaking/2011/collegepayoff.pdf (viewed online April 24, 2014).
§U.S. Department of Education, “The Condition of Education 2013,” on the Internet at http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2013/2013037.pdf (viewed April 24, 2014).
Save Time and Money While Earning Your Degree
Walden enables you to maximize transfer of credit using prior completed courses or college experience, prior learning assessments, and professional experience. You may also be eligible to transfer courses and accelerate your business administration degree if you hold one of these certifications:
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
Walden’s BS in Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), and PhD in Management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The MS in Accounting and BS in Accounting programs are also accredited by the ACBSP and have earned the organization’s Specialized Accounting Accreditation.