Explore Our Online PsyD Program in Behavioral Health Leadership
Gain the leadership and cross-disciplinary skills to manage and improve the delivery of integrated mental and behavioral healthcare with an online PsyD in Behavioral Health Leadership from Walden University.
Today’s healthcare system demands behavioral health leaders who can manage the delivery of quality behavioral health and mental health services in an increasingly integrated care setting. This professional doctoral program in leadership can prepare you to meet this need. In this non-licensure program, you can gain cross-disciplinary knowledge, business and management skills, and practical experience that can be used to help shape the rapidly changing integrated healthcare landscape.
Gain skills in leadership and management, financial management and procurement, instruction and training, entrepreneurship, and program evaluation.
Take an additional three courses to earn an optional specialization and enhance your expertise in an area of the field that interests you.
The in-person consulting skills intensive retreat provides hands-on practice, while the virtual doctoral project residency will help you with your capstone course.
Interactive learning tools allow you to apply your new skills to real-life problems and issues.
Build cross-disciplinary knowledge and skills in leadership, financial management and procurement, instruction and training, entrepreneurship, and program evaluation.
Explore quality management and project and resource management in health services organizations, as well as issues in executive-level management for healthcare administrators.
Explore the biological, psychological, behavioral, social, cultural, and environmental factors that contribute to health and illness and changing health behavior.
Gain knowledge in organizational behavior and an in-depth understanding of contemporary, international, and virtual organizations.
Focus on management and leadership in a global environment, understanding cultural differences, and international health and behavioral health issues.
Gain knowledge in global health and issues in disease prevention as well as marketing, communication, and public relations for healthcare leaders.
Study training and development in behavioral health service organizations and gain knowledge in teaching philosophy and pedagogy, instructional design, and course development.
Admission RequirementsProgram Admission Considerations
- An official transcript of a master’s degree (or higher) from a U.S. school accredited by a regional, professional/specialized, or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education, or from an appropriately accredited non-U.S. institution.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in post-baccalaureate degree coursework.
- One year of post-master’s degree related work experience required
- Completed application form.
- The Office of Admissions reserves the right to request the names and contact information for two persons, professional or academic, qualified to comment knowledgeably on the applicant’s skills and qualifications.
- Official transcript(s) of highest degree or coursework completed to date.
- Access to a computer and the internet.
More information for international applicants.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Articulate the foundation of behavioral health leadership and how the specialty is unique.
- Develop a theoretically and empirically anchored personal orientation to the practice of behavioral health leadership.
- Produce an independent, applied practice-based project exploring a behavioral health practice issue or problem.
- Assess behavioral health behavior in broad cultural, social, political, and/or economic contexts.
- Evaluate the delivery of psychological services of behavioral health programs for diverse populations.
- Develop leadership skills for the management of mental health delivery systems.
The PsyD in Behavioral Health Leadership program can prepare you with the professional skills to pursue a leadership or management position in a public or private organization, or to start your own organization. Potential career settings include group homes, healthcare agencies, hospitals, nonprofit organizations, and social service agencies. Your career options may include a variety of roles, such as:
- Behavioral health leader
- Behavioral health manager
- Project manager
- Research manager
- Consultant/business owner
Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this program.
Have a Question?
Chat with a PsyD in Behavioral Health Leadership Enrollment Specialist.Chat Now