Four Interesting Courses You Might Take When Earning Your Doctor of Psychology in Behavioral Health Leadership
Enhance your career as you gain leadership skills and learn how to shape behavioral health policy, law, advocacy, and change.
Do you want to improve the delivery of behavioral and mental health care? By earning a Doctor of Psychology in Behavioral Health Leadership, you can gain the leadership, management, advocacy, and financial skills needed to both improve individuals’ health and remove barriers preventing access to care.
A Doctor of Psychology in Behavioral Health Leadership can prepare you to work in a variety of settings, including nonprofit organizations, healthcare agencies, hospitals, social service agencies, community health centers, and group homes. Career options range from behavioral health leader or manager to administrator and project manager.
At Walden University, the online Doctor of Psychology in Behavioral Health Leadership program features engaging coursework, interactive case studies, in-depth research, and academic residencies.
Here are four interesting courses you might take when earning your degree.
1. Behavioral Health Social Entrepreneurship and Advocacy – Learn how sustainable development and sustainability principles are used to drive innovation, collaboration, and transformation. That includes creating sustainable behavioral health business models through investment strategies, market insight, and operational excellence.
2. Governance, Law, and Policy for Healthcare Leaders or Behavioral Healthcare – Explore the economic, financial, and political factors that influence behavioral healthcare delivery and make healthcare reform such a challenging task. Topics discussed include behavioral healthcare policy, advocacy, laws, mandates, and ethical obligations.
3. Leadership and Leader Development – Gain extensive knowledge on leadership theories and learn how to bring about positive change and work through challenges that accompany resistance to change. Students also examine the role of leadership in achievement of organization, group, and team goals.
4. Consulting for Organizational Change – Study fundamental techniques of change management and then use tools like consulting competencies and organizational change models to understand the role of an organizational and professional development (OPD) consultant. Topics discussed include team development; strategic planning; and power, politics, and influence.
Earning a Doctor of Psychology in Behavioral Health Leadership
Walden University’s online Doctor of Psychology in Behavioral Health Leadership program provides students with cross-disciplinary knowledge, business and management skills, and practical experience to help shape the rapidly changing integrated healthcare landscape.
While earning your degree, choose the general program or one of six degree specializations:
- Healthcare Management
- Health Psychology
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- International Practice
- Public Health
At Walden University, it’s possible to earn your doctorate in behavioral health leadership while balancing priorities because you can complete coursework at when and where it works best for you. All you need is internet access.
Expand your career options and earn your Doctor of Psychology in Behavioral Health Leadership online using a convenient, flexible learning platform that fits your busy life.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.
Note on Licensure: The Doctor of Psychology in Behavioral Health Leadership is not a licensure program and does not prepare an individual to become a licensed psychology professional.