Sending Transcripts to Walden
In order to submit your application to Walden University, you must provide either unofficial or official transcripts from each of the colleges or universities you previously attended. Because obtaining an official transcript may take more time, we recommend that you first submit unofficial transcripts to facilitate the application review process.
Keep in mind, however, that you are still required to submit an official transcript within 30 days of being admitted to Walden.
What Is the Difference Between Unofficial and Official Transcripts?
- Any transcript that has been received or opened by you or anyone else before being forwarded to Walden
- Must include the name of the institution previously attended, student name, grades earned, credits earned, degree earned (if applicable), course names/numbers, and dates of attendance
- Used for review purposes only
- Generally requested from the registrar’s office of the institution you previously attended
- Sent to Walden University directly from the institution, either electronically or by mail
- Used for registration and financial aid purposes (if eligible)
When you contact your previous college(s) and request your transcript(s), be sure to indicate that your transcript(s) should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
7065 Samuel Morse Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
Requesting Your Walden Transcript
If you are a Walden graduate or a current student who would like to request your official Walden University transcript, please see the Requesting Your Transcript information page.