A Mission of Change
For 45 years, Walden University, an accredited institution, has been serving the higher education needs of adult learners. Today, students from all 50 U.S. states and more than 150 countries are pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees and certificates online in a broad range of disciplines including health sciences, counseling, criminal justice, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, social work, public administration, and information technology.
Through programs that reflect current market trends and promote positive social change, Walden is committed to helping you achieve your goals, enabling you to make a difference in your career and community as a Walden graduate.
Walden University strives to produce graduates with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Facilitate positive social change where they work, in their communities, and in society.
- Use their knowledge to positively impact their profession, communities, and society.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Apply their learning to specific problems and challenges in their workplace and professional settings.
- Demonstrate information literacy.*
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methods of inquiry used in their professional or academic field.
- Practice legal and ethical integrity in their professional work.
- Effectively communicate their ideas and the rationale behind them to others.
- Support diversity and multiculturalism within their profession, communities, and society.
*Information literacy is defined as the ability to know when there is a need for information, and being able to identify, locate, evaluate, and effectively use that information for the issue or problem at hand.