Become part of the next generation of innovative nonprofit leaders. Whether you’re looking to serve in a leadership role at your organization or take an entrepreneurial venture to start a nonprofit organization, with Walden’s Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management program you can be a change-maker in your community. Designed for professionals preparing to become effective and innovative leaders, Walden’s certificate program equips you with the essential skills and knowledge to make an impact at a nonprofit or nongovernmental organization.
Walden’s certificate program provides a broad introduction to critical nonprofit topics, including innovative approaches to management and leadership.
If getting to the next level is part of your plan, Walden is committed to helping you earn credit for your foundational knowledge. Find out how you can apply your certificate toward Walden’s MS in Nonprofit Management and Leadership, Master of Public Policy (MPP), Master of Public Administration (MPA), MS in Emergency Management, Doctor of Public Administration (DPA), or MS in Human and Social Services.
Throughout the program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Benefit from the following courses:
- Introduction to the Nonprofit Sector: Gain a broad overview of nonprofit management and leadership, such as how to establish an org. legal requirement and how to manage personnel.
- Board Governance and Volunteer Management: Learn how to select a Board of Directors for an organization and how to effectively manage volunteers.
- Resource Development: Identify a variety of funding sources. Develop grant applications and proposals, and learn best practices in budget execution and management.
- Develop your graduate-level writing and research skills by taking advantage of Walden’s student support services.
- Learn from faculty who are experts in the field of nonprofit management and gain the knowledge to build your own business plan.
- Apply Your Certificate Toward an Advanced Degree
You’ve invested your time. You’ve gained experience. Schedule a free transfer of credit evaluation as you look to apply credits earned in this certificate program toward Walden’s MS in Nonprofit Management and Leadership, Master of Public Policy (MPP), Master of Public Administration (MPA), MS in Emergency Management, Doctor of Public Administration (DPA), or MS in Human and Social Services.
- Boost Your Résumé With Our Career Services Center
Gain access to interview preparations and real-time résumé writing services, and find out how you can create a live portfolio using OptimalResume.
- Finance Your Certificate With Financial Aid
Connect with an enrollment advisor to understand your options and plan how you will fund your dream. This certificate is eligible for federal financial aid.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.