Explore the Developmental Psychology Master’s Degree From Walden
In Walden’s MS in Developmental Psychology online program, you can acquire and apply knowledge of human growth and development to advance your career in hospitals, advocacy organizations, research institutions, or nonprofits.
Our online master’s in developmental psychology program is geared toward the working professional. In this career-oriented program, you will interpret research and apply your learning to address the needs of diverse populations—and promote lasting change in the lives of children, teens, and adults.
The MS in Developmental Psychology program is not designed to prepare students to become a licensed psychology or counseling professional.
Save Time and Money Toward Your PhD
If you are interested in teaching, researching, or consulting, you can accelerate your progress toward a PhD by applying credits to Walden’s PhD in Developmental Psychology program.
Why Earn Your Online Master’s in Developmental Psychology From Walden?
- With Walden, you have the opportunity to study in a master’s program focused on developmental psychology. You can choose the General Program or six specializations to tailor your study to what interests you most.
- The program’s coursework addresses relevant, contemporary societal issues. You can study current topics such as the effects of digital technology on human development and explore the needs of specific populations, such as LGBTQ, to make a lasting difference for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- You can gain a global perspective from a diverse community of faculty and students as you examine international issues such as mass migration and refugee crises.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Describe the theoretical foundations of developmental psychology.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply principles of developmental psychology in areas of cognitive, language, social, and emotional functioning across the human development lifespan.
- Synthesize principles of developmental psychology theory and research.
- Apply principles of developmental psychology theory and research to real-world educational, social, health, and other settings.
- Interpret psychological theory and research related to developmental psychology.
- Describe developmental psychological theory, research, and practice from a multicultural and/or global perspective.
- Promote positive social change through the application of developmental psychology theory, research, and practice to scholarly and/or professional activities that promote positive social change.
With an MS in Developmental Psychology, you can work in a variety of settings, such as:
- Public and private hospitals
- Educational settings, including early childhood education centers
- Community organizations
- Senior centers or nursing and residential care facilities
- Nonprofit human service organizations
- Crisis intervention programs
- Rehabilitation centers
- Research institutions
- Mental health facilities
- Advocacy and policy organizations
- Individual and family services agencies
- Youth and adult correctional facilities
- Research, healthcare, or special education coordination and support organizations
Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this program.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.