Is Walden University Reputable? Why Students Choose Walden for Their Degree
Walden gives you what you want—and need—from an online bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree program.
Those familiar with Walden University may be aware of the faculty’s strong reputation and the rigorous nature of the curriculum. However, those seeking a degree who are not familiar with Walden University or online education may want to know more about the reputation of the university, asking questions such as “Is Walden University reputable?”
Is Walden University a Reputable School?
Walden University is highly respected as a reputable online university, among employers, graduates, and others in the academic community.
Walden’s reputation is highly regarded across many audiences. Consider the following:
- 88% of Walden alumni responding to our survey say they are likely or very likely to recommend Walden to others. 1
- Alumni satisfaction is high: 89% of Walden graduates responding to our survey say that they are very satisfied or satisfied with their alma mater.1
- More than 97% of our graduates’ employers who responded to our survey say they would hire another Walden graduate. 1
At the program level, Walden’s reputation is also strong.
- 89% of Walden Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) alumni responding to our survey state that their Walden degree enhanced their professional performance. 1
- Nearly 93% of Walden MS in Education students responding to our survey state that the quality of course instruction received at Walden met or exceeded their expectations. 1
- 88% of Walden MS in Criminal Justice students responding to our survey are likely to recommend Walden to others.1
What Else Makes Walden a Good School to Consider When Earning a Degree?
Walden is so much more than an accredited university offering online degree programs. We’re a launching pad that can propel you toward your career goals. We’re an agent of social change. We’re a partner in your education. We’re an institution committed to making your life—and the world—better.
1. You Can Be Part of Social Change.
For us, social change is not just something we talk about—social change is who we are. For more than 45 years, we’ve provided a diverse community of career professionals with the opportunity to transform themselves as scholar-practitioners so that they can apply what they’ve learned to effect positive social change. As a student, you can gain the skills and inspiration you need to make a difference by addressing challenges where you live, in your profession, and in the world around you.
2. You Can Receive Credit for Non-School Experience.
All experience matters. That’s why we’ll work with you to transfer applicable credits earned through professional organizations or through educational accomplishments you’ve had while serving in the military. You can also participate in a prior learning assessment that awards credits based on an evaluation of your résumé, narrative essays, and supporting evidence documenting experience relevant to your chosen degree.
3. You Can Enroll in an Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM) Program.
One of the advantages of online education is the ability to earn your degree faster. To aid you in this, we offer Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM) programs. These online degree programs allow you to earn credit toward a master’s degree while you’re earning your bachelor’s. It’s an incredible opportunity for anyone, especially if you already know you want a master’s or will need a master’s for your preferred career.
4. You Can Choose a Competency-Based Degree program.
Rather than enrolling in predetermined courses that require a set amount of time to complete, our competency-based degree programs allow you to master specific skills in your field of study at whatever pace works best for you. You can use the online learning resources provided to you by faculty and/or apply knowledge acquired through work, life experiences, or prior education. Better yet, you can complete as many competencies as you desire during a specific term, giving you the opportunity to lower your tuition costs and finish your degree faster.
5. You Can Enroll in an All But Dissertation Program.
If you’re one of the many who have completed all doctoral degree program requirements except for the final requirement of the dissertation, we have an online education solution for you. Our All But Dissertation (ABD) option allows you to transfer the credits you’ve already earned so you can focus on writing your doctoral dissertation and finally earn your doctoral degree.
6. You Can Help Your Career.
In 2016, Gallop conducted a study of graduates from Walden University master’s and doctoral programs on the subject of career and well-being outcomes. The study found that these graduates attributed a great deal of success to their degree. Specifically, Gallup stated that:2
- Among graduates who have been promoted, Walden graduates are more likely to cite their degree as being important or very important to getting promoted (81% vs. 76% online comparison group and 70% nationally).
- Walden alumni report a positive return on investment. Among graduates who report getting a salary increase, Walden graduates are more likely to cite their degree as being important to achieving it (74% vs. 71% online comparison group and 69% nationally).
- Among graduates who successfully changed careers, Walden graduates are more likely to cite their degree as being important or very important (82% vs. 76% each for of the two comparison groups).
7. You Can Receive Degree-Specific Assistance.
Every online degree has its own unique requirements and expectations, which is why we offer helpful resources to students in every degree program. For instance, our online doctoral degrees require occasional in-person residencies. To make these as easy to attend as possible, we offer family-friendly residencies. That’s the kind of thoughtful assistance you can find when you’re a student at Walden.
8. You Can Expect a Supportive Environment.
Earning a degree can be life changing. That’s why it’s so important to have the support you need to complete your online degree program. At Walden University, we take pride in our supportive environment and in our wide range of resources designed to help you succeed. When you enroll with us, you’re never alone. We’re dedicated to making sure you have everything you need to earn your degree and achieve your life and career goals.
9. You Can Benefit From Our Military-Friendly Atmosphere.
As a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Consortium, Walden is an online college that military veterans can excel at. In fact, G.I. Jobs named us to its 2016 list of Military Friendly Schools, which honors the top 15% of colleges, universities, and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s veterans as students. When you enroll, you’ll have the opportunity to transfer approved credits from DANTES, your Joint Services Transcript, and the Community College of the Air Force. You may also earn credit for military training and from national testing programs you’ve completed while serving in the military.
10. You Can Access Helpful Webinars and Podcasts.
If you find yourself struggling with any specific area of your online education, our webinars and podcasts can be an invaluable resource. With topics covering a full spectrum of issues commonly faced by students enrolled in an online school, the easy-to-download videos and audio programs can give you the boost—and support—you need.
Walden University is an accredited institution offering online bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. Expand your career options and earn your degree in a convenient, flexible format that fits your busy life.
1Source: www.WaldenU.edu/survey_methodology; % calculated on total number of respondents to our 2015 survey.
2Results from the Gallup-Walden Study of graduate degree holders are based on web surveys conducted in early 2016. The online comparison group refers to graduate degree holders who completed at least half of their graduate courses online and who were interviewed via the national graduate study. www.WaldenU.edu/gallup.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.