Find Your Program
Or browse by
Browse our programs
Eight Benefits of Referring a Friend to Walden
Deciding where to earn your college degree is a big decision. But as people weigh their options, where do they find guidance?
Studies show that more than 83% trust recommendations from friends and family over all forms of advertising.1 People are also more than five times as likely to make a big purchase because of a friend or family member’s recommendation rather than an online influencer’s endorsement, according to a 2018 survey.2
Walden University students and alumni know firsthand the advantages of receiving an online bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree and can be among potential students’ most trusted sources of information. When referring a friend or family member to Walden, here are eight benefits worth sharing:
- Access to quality online education – Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and offers more than 80 online degree programs in areas such as education, counseling, management, psychology, public health, social work and human services, nursing, public administration and public policy, criminal justice, and information technology.
- Potential tuition savings – New students referred by Walden alumni are just one of the many groups that may qualify for tuition savings.3 Walden also offers potential savings for specific programs, military personnel, active-duty law enforcement, and others. A Walden financial aid advisor will help your referral identify all of the resources available to help fund their education.
- Alumni savings – Walden alumni who have completed an online degree program or online certificate program can save on tuition over the lifetime of their next program if they choose to continue their education.4
- Community engagement – The Walden community of students and alumni have lifelong access to Walden’s career services and online library. Graduates also receive Walden magazine and automatically become a member of the Walden University Alumni Association, which hosts monthly social, educational, and networking events.
- Social change – Social change is at the heart of Walden’s mission. A Certified B Corporation®, the university weaves mission-driven change into all of its programs. Its annual Global Days of Service brings together faculty, staff, alumni, and students who volunteer their time in communities around the world.
- Convenience – In their online programs, students can learn when and where they want via Walden’s online learning platform. In addition, programs start at various times throughout the year, giving students further flexibility to schedule their learning around their responsibilities.
- Stellar support – Walden students have access to a range of student support, including enrollment assistance, financial aid guidance, and academic and career services. Disability services and around-the-clock technical assistance are also available.
- Scholarships and financial aid – Walden is committed to helping students locate scholarships and grant opportunities. Walden University also is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in a variety of grant and loan programs.
Refer a Friend or Family Member Today
Help your friends or family members explore Walden University's online graduate and undergraduate degree programs to find a program that’s right for them. From there, referring someone to Walden is easy. Simply go to WaldenU.edu/refer, fill out the form, and help shape Walden’s next generation of change-makers.
Walden University is an accredited institution offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs online. Expand your career options and earn your degree in a convenient, flexible format that fits your busy life.
3All tuition reductions, grants, or scholarships are subject to specific eligibility requirements. Contact a Walden University Enrollment Specialist for details.4Tuition reductions are applicable to tuition only and do not apply toward books, materials, and other supplies or fees needed for a course. May not be combined with other tuition reductions, unless specified in other offer. All tuition reductions, grants, or scholarships are subject to specific eligibility requirements. Contact a Walden University Enrollment Specialist for details.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.