What Can I Do With an MS in Leadership?
Managers can manage an organization, but it takes leadership to envision goals and inspire a team to achieve those goals. Leadership skills are critical for success in any organization, from nonprofits to small businesses to government agencies to corporations. While some people have natural leadership traits, leadership skills and tactics can be learned. That’s why many top business schools and universities offer an MS in Leadership degree.
In a master’s in leadership degree program, you can learn communication skills, techniques for mentoring and coaching individuals and teams, strategies for initiating and managing change, and approaches to managing and resolving conflict. These leadership skills, combined with a passion for empowering teams and a focus on success, can help you transform people and organizations.
An MS in Leadership can prepare you for key management roles in any field. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 883,900 new management jobs are expected to open through 2031.1 Here are just a few career options you might consider after graduation.
- Executive: Lead an organization as the chief executive officer or lead the operations as chief operations officer. For these high-level roles, business experience is usually required in addition to a master’s degree.
- Management consultant: Assess a company’s current status and future goals, and craft plans to help businesses take action to meet their goals. You can work with many types of organizations as a consultant, or you can choose to specialize. For instance, you could help lead tech companies to develop new products, prepare new managers to lead teams, or guide nonprofits to improve their fundraising capabilities.
- Corporate trainer: Train staff members on important topics like conflict resolution. Corporate trainers can work for one organization and provide training on a multitude of topics or specialize by offering training on specific subjects for a variety of companies.
- Business analyst: Advise companies about how to increase efficiency and improve processes. Business analysts can work for a large company or consult for multiple businesses.
- Training and development manager: Oversee staff training and employee development. Training and development managers often work in human resources departments for businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies.
Every organization values good leaders. An MS in Leadership/online-masters-programs/ms-in-leadership will help you assess your own innate leadership skills and develop new leadership qualities. If you’re working full time but wish to pursue leadership training, consider earning a degree online. Walden University’s MS in Leadership degree program is an online graduate degree program designed for working adults. Complete coursework from anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection at any time of day that suits your schedule. This high-quality degree program is taught by experienced faculty with a curriculum that focuses on real-world skills. Advance your career and develop sought-after leadership skills with an online master’s degree from Walden.
Walden University is an accredited institution offering an MS in Leadership degree program online. Expand your career options and earn your degree in a convenient, flexible format that fits your busy life.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.