Looking Ahead: Why Walden’s Accelerated MSED is Making the grade
The flexibility of online learning and self-directed coursework offers educators a new choice in education degree programs.
For years, school systems have known that as baby boomers continue to retire, they’ll leave a gap in the classroom that is difficult to fill. Additionally, student enrollment is expected to rise at an annual rate of 2%, placing an additional 1.2 million elementary and secondary school students into the system by the year 2026.1 As administrators look for creative ways to staff their schools, one particular online degree program has stepped up to assist.
Walden University is an institution accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership at Walden currently offers an accelerated version of its MS in Education degree which provides multiple benefits at the student and district level.
How Educators Benefit From an Accelerated MSEd Program
- The degree program can be completed online in as few as 12 months.*
- You can qualify for significant tuition savings of up to 40%.
- Additional flexibility is present in the form of self-directed and non-self-directed courses.
- You can choose from six relevant specializations.
How School Districts and Their Students Benefit From an Accelerated MSEd Program
- Educators enrolled in the accelerated MSEd program achieve their goals faster and are able to enter the classroom sooner.
- Educators who hold a bachelor’s degree can improve their credentials as they continue to teach.
- The flexibility and increased accessibility of this online program provide the opportunity for more career changers to pursue degrees in education, adding a greater number of candidates for districts looking to hire.
- The loss of longtime teachers results in an experience gap for schools, but an accelerated MSEd program can strengthen the skills of current teachers in a shorter amount of time.
Ideal candidates are disciplined, self-motivated, and comfortable working in a self-directed learning environment. Like a traditional MSEd program, the curriculum is rigorous, and for the right student, the accelerated MSEd program is the ideal option—especially when it comes to saving time and money.
*Time to completion may vary by student, depending on individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable.