Find Your Program
Or browse by
Browse our programs
5 Reasons You Should Earn Your Doctor of Information Technology (DIT) Degree From Walden
If you want a top leadership role in information technology (IT), you’ll likely need solid work experience in the field plus solid academic credentials. Walden University offers an online Doctor of Information Technology (DIT) degree program that can provide the educational background necessary for roles like chief information officer (CIO) or chief technology officer (CTO). A DIT degree can also prepare you to teach at a college or university.
Explore five reasons why you should earn your DIT degree from Walden.
- Walden’s online DIT degree program is designed for working adults—so you can continue working full time while you earn your doctoral degree. You shouldn’t have to quit your job to advance your education. Walden’s flexible learning platform enables you to access your coursework from anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection at any time of day or night that suits your schedule. You don’t have to commute to campus or attend in-person classes on a rigid schedule. You can balance school with full-time work and family responsibilities.
- You can choose from two specializations. You can specialize in Applied Information Technology or in Information Technology Leadership. In the Applied Information Technology specialization, you’ll delve into best practices in areas including cloud and grid computing, intelligent systems, and project management. In the Information Technology Leadership specialization, you’ll gain the skills to take on IT leadership positions. You’ll learn to communicate technical concepts, explore different approaches to implementing IT strategies, and employ strategic decision-making while determining how to secure and maintain an organization’s data.
- You’ll get robust support and individual mentoring while you work toward your doctorate. Walden wants you to succeed. Walden’s Doctoral Degree Coach™ interactive tool divides your educational journey into manageable steps, so you always know what you’ve accomplished and what to do next. Plus, you’ll work one-on-one with a faculty mentor throughout your doctoral degree program. And you’ll be able to take advantage of Walden’s support services: The Writing Center provides advice and individual consultations, and the Center for Research Quality can help you identify grants and publication resources for your research projects.
- You can qualify for this degree program with a nontechnical master’s degree plus work experience. Walden’s DIT degree program was created for people who have a master’s in information systems, cybersecurity, computer science, or a related field. However, Walden recognizes the value of real-world experience. You may be eligible for Walden’s DIT degree program with a master’s degree from another field plus three or more years of work experience in the technology field.
- You’ll earn a degree from the university that pioneered remote learning. If technology is your passion, doesn’t it make sense to earn your degree from an accredited university that has more than 40 years of experience in remote learning? While other colleges were forced to pivot to online learning due to the pandemic, Walden has been a leader in delivering quality education online.
Technical skills are a given for a career in IT. But communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are necessary for a high-level position in high tech. Get the education you need for a leadership position in technology with a Doctor of Information Technology degree from Walden.
Walden University is an accredited institution offering a Doctor of Information Technology (DIT) degree program online. Expand your career options and earn your degree in a convenient, flexible format that fits your busy life.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.