5 Bachelor’s Degrees to Prepare You for Helping Professions
Find out how online schools are making it easier than ever for you to earn a degree and enter these fields.
When you begin your college search, it’s important to consider what kind of bachelor’s degree you’d like to pursue. If you’re ready to earn your college degree and are passionate about social change, there are many great colleges and universities to choose from, including online schools. There are many advantages to an online education when you’re working toward a career in the helping profession of your dreams. Find out about some of these bachelor’s degree programs and how you can earn a degree from an accredited online college.
Be the Change With the Right College Degree
Your postsecondary education will be filled with tough decisions, and one of the biggest is which degree to pursue. Many students enrolling in college want to go into helping professions—careers with a focus on helping others live better and healthier lives. There are many ways to assist others and contribute to society in meaningful ways, and if higher education is your goal, consider these five bachelor’s degree programs:
- Education. Whether you want to go into early childhood or elementary education, your college education is an important first step toward a rewarding teaching career. A bachelor’s degree in education prepares you to become a highly effective classroom leader who can foster students’ development and intellectual curiosity. One great example is a BS in Elementary Education.
- Nursing. Registered nurses are vital to the healthcare system, and earning a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN) can open new doors in your career.
- Psychology. If you want to help people with mental health and behavioral issues, consider pursuing a BS in Psychology. Earning a bachelor’s in this field can help prepare you for a career in counseling and is a key first step if you want to go on to earn your master’s or doctoral degree.
- Public Health and Health Sciences. You don’t have to be a doctor or a nurse to play an important role in healthcare. A college degree in public health can prepare you for a successful career in the health system, preventing disease outbreaks and promoting healthier lifestyles. Degree examples include a BS in Public Health, a BS in Health Studies, and a BS in Healthcare Management.
- Social Work and Human Services. If you want a career mentoring, advocating for and collaborating with populations in need, pursuing a degree in social work can equip you with the necessary skills. Degree choices include a Bachelor of Social Work and a BS in Human Services.
Get Started in the Right Bachelor’s Program for You
You can unlock your future in the rewarding career of your dreams when you earn a college degree. If you’ve begun your college search and want the flexibility offered by online schools, Walden University offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree programs to help you meet your educational and professional goals.
With online classes and a variety of degree programs, Walden offers the experience of an accredited university with the flexibility to let you study on a schedule that fits your life. Whether you’re just getting started on your postsecondary education or have credits to transfer from another university, as a Walden student you’ll receive the support services and high-quality education you need to complete your degree and land the job you’ve been wanting.
In addition, with certain degree programs, Walden offers Tempo Learning®, an innovative format that allows you to custom-pace your education and earn a degree. Whether you’re a fast-paced learner or need more time for your studies, Tempo Learning® can save you time and money.
Don’t put off your college education another day. If you’re ready to begin the next chapter in your life, find out how you can make it happen with a degree from Walden University. Walden University is an accredited institution offering a range of bachelor’s degree programs. Expand your career options and earn your degree using a convenient, flexible learning platform that fits your busy life.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.