Find Your Program
Or browse by
Browse our programs
Earn Your Master’s Degree Online in Half the Time With an Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Degree Program
Accelerated master’s degree programs offer undergraduate college students a unique opportunity to earn credits toward a master’s degree while completing their bachelor’s degree. Accelerated degrees are commonly called “4+1 degrees,” which refers to 4 years to complete a bachelor’s degree online and 1 year to complete a master’s degree (instead of the normal 2 years).
An accelerated bachelor’s-to-master’s-degree program has the same number of required credits as a standard bachelor’s degree program. The difference comes from being able to complete several of your master’s degree courses while you are still completing your undergraduate courses.
Some sectors in the workforce, such as nursing and psychology, are increasingly requiring a master’s degree. In order to learn the skills and get the credentials needed to compete in the job market, making progress toward your master’s degree while a bachelor’s student will give you an advantage over others while saving time and money. For example, if you choose the Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM) option for your online BS in Psychology degree at Walden University, you can add up to five MS in Forensic Psychology courses as electives to your undergraduate curriculum.
Learn more about Walden's AIM option
Benefits of Accelerated Master’s Degree Programs
- Potentially earn your master’s degree online in half the time.
- Save a significant amount of money by reducing your master’s credit requirements by up to 50%.
- Maintain continuity with consistent university faculty and resources.
- Enter the workforce a year earlier with a master’s degree.
- Gain a competitive edge over bachelor’s degree job candidates.
- Increase your earning potential faster.In 2019, the median earnings for young adults with a master’s degree or higher was $70,000, which is 25.7% more than the median earnings with a bachelor’s degree, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.1
Are You Eligible for AIM?
The accelerated online master’s degree program is not for everyone, so you must meet certain criteria to qualify:
- Maintain an overall GPA in your bachelor’s degree program equal to the GPA required for admission to the associated master’s degree program
- Have completed a minimum of 90 credits and any specific core requirements associated with your bachelor’s program as well as any additional prerequisites of your specific master’s degree program
- Have no “incomplete” grades
- Be in good financial standing
- Achieve a grade of B or better in your graduate courses to earn credit toward your master’s
Walden’s Accelerated Master’s Degree Programs
The following online master’s programs are eligible for Walden’s popular Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM) option:
Start Your Future Faster!
Get started by choosing one of Walden University’s many master’s programs eligible for AIM. Then visit Walden’s Center for Degree Acceleration and find out if you qualify for additional transferable credits for your work, military, and life experiences that could accelerate your bachelor’s degree. Discover how many ways Walden can help you save time and money while you prepare for a successful future!
Walden University, an accredited institution with online college degree programs, has been serving the higher education needs of adult learners for more than 50 years. Today, students from all 50 U.S. states and more than 115 countries are pursuing their bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees or certificates online at Walden.
Explore Walden University's online accelerated bachelor's-to-master’s-degree programs and change your future faster! Earn your college degrees at a pace that fits your life and schedule.
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.