Find Your Program
Or browse by
Browse our programs
4 Reasons to Earn a Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management
If you’re interested in both healthcare and management, you may want to consider a bachelor’s degree in healthcare management. This degree can put you on the path to a promising future contributing to the nonclinical aspects of healthcare delivery.1See some of the many great reasons to earn a healthcare management bachelor’s, whether you’re embarking on a new path entirely or seeking a change within your current field.
1. Healthcare Management Is an In-Demand Field
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2020, there were 429,800 jobs in medical and health services management. By 2030, that number is expected to grow by 32%—a higher-than-average rate.2
2. Healthcare Management Graduates Can Work in Many Settings
Whether you’re embarking on your first career or transitioning to a new one, it’s important to have options. With a bachelor’s degree in healthcare management, you’re entering an industry where work is available in a variety of settings, including:
- Private clinics and practices
- Outpatient care centers
- Consulting firms
- Health insurance companies
- Healthcare associations
- Wellness centers
- Mental health facilities and organizations
- Public health departments
- Rehabilitation centers, long-term care facilities, and group homes
- Charitable health foundations
- Universities and research institutions
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Government agencies
3. It’s Perfect for Those With Leadership Abilities Who Want to Help Others
When choosing a potential career path, you should consider your own personal character traits, skills, and interests. If you often find yourself torn between your knack for business and your desire to help others, a degree in healthcare management enables you to combine both. A manager in healthcare employs skills in leadership, teamwork, communication, and problem solving to serve the greater goal of delivering quality patient care.1
4. You Can Enter the Field With a Bachelor’s Degree
A bachelor’s degree in healthcare management can prepare you for entry-level opportunities in the field, as noted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics,2 although particular educational requirements vary per organization and function. And when you’re ready to expand your potential to leadership positions, you can choose to advance your education with a master’s degree in health administration.
Why Earn a Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management From Walden University?
Walden’s online learning platform gives you the flexibility to work full time and handle life’s many other responsibilities while pursuing your degree.
Several factors set Walden’s BS in Healthcare Management program apart, including:
- A curriculum informed by the latest healthcare trends and challenges and aligned with the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) certification requirements.
- Scholar-practitioner faculty members with hands-on experience in healthcare management.
- Program completion options to best fit your lifestyle and learning preferences, including course-based, competency-based, and Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM) options.
Learn more about Walden’s BS in Healthcare Management program as you chart your path to a rewarding future.
Walden University is an accredited institution offering a BS in Healthcare Management program online. Expand your career options and earn your degree in a convenient, flexible format that fits your busy life.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.