Find Your Program
Or browse by
Browse our programs
Walden University Expands Faculty Experts Bureau
Minneapolis—August 25, 2011—Walden University recently added six faculty members to its Faculty Experts Bureau, expanding the fields of expertise to include early childhood and primary education, special education, educational technology, bullying and public policy among others.
Walden launched the Faculty Experts Bureau in May 2010 as a resource for reporters looking for academic and professional experts with experience in a variety of fields. Our experts can provide specialized commentary, opinion and analysis on industry trends and issues. The newest Faculty Experts Bureau members—and their areas of expertise—are:
- Amie Mitchel Beckett, PhD; Early Childhood Education specialization coordinator, PhD in Education program; Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment specialization interim coordinator, PhD in Education program in The Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership. Areas of expertise: early childhood, primary and multilingual education.
- Barry Birnbaum, EdD; Special Education specialization coordinator, PhD in Education program in the Riley College of Education and Leadership. Areas of expertise: special education, assistive and adaptive technology for persons with special needs and child advocacy.
- Stephen Canipe, EdD; master’s program director, Science, Mathematics and Instructional Design and Technology; bachelor’s program director, Instructional Design and Technology and Educational Studies in the Riley College of Education and Leadership. Areas of expertise: educational technology and its integration into the classroom, importance of 21st-century skills and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Martha Cheney, EdD; program director, Teacher Preparation Program with a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) with a specialization in Early Childhood Education (Birth–Grade 3) in the Riley College of Education and Leadership. Areas of expertise: early childhood education.
- Colleen Logan, PhD, LPC, LMFT, NCC; program coordinator, MS in Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling in the School of Counseling and Social Service. Areas of expertise: bullying issues, including personal and societal impacts as well as effects within the LGBT community.
- Jason Lum, JD, MPP; core faculty member in the School of Public Policy and Administration. Areas of expertise: civil rights, business law and public policy and the interrelationship between business and government.
They join Dr. Jody Oomen-Early, program director for undergraduate programs, School of Health Sciences; Dr. Savitri Dixon-Saxon, associate dean, School of Counseling and Social Service; and Dr. William Schulz III, associate dean, School of Management. Members of the Faculty Experts Bureau are available for media requests, presentations and speaking opportunities.
More detailed information on Walden University’s Faculty Experts Bureau, including areas of expertise and recently published research, can be found at www.WaldenU.edu/facultyexperts.
For inquiries or interview requests, contact:
About Walden University
For more than 40 years, Walden University has supported working professionals in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and their communities. Today, more than 46,500 students from all 50 states and more than 120 countries are pursuing their bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degrees online at Walden. The university provides students with an engaging educational experience that connects them with expert faculty and peers around the world. Walden is the flagship online university in the Laureate International Universities network—a global network of 57 campus-based and online universities in 28 countries.
Walden offers more than 60 degree programs with more than 300 specializations and concentrations. Areas of study include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration and information technology. For more information, visit www.WaldenU.edu. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.hlcommission.org.
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.