Walden Announces Educational Partnerships with Five Health Centers
Minneapolis—May 4, 2011—Walden University announced today that it has formed partnerships with healthcare centers in Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire and Texas, offering more than 31,000 employees the opportunity to benefit from earning a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree online. Walden’s degree programs are designed to provide professionals with the skills they need to make an impact in their field while gaining knowledge that they can apply immediately within their organizations.
Through these alliances, employees of the partner organizations will have access to more than 50 online degree programs and more than 225 specializations and concentrations in areas of study such as nursing, counseling, psychology, human services, public health, healthcare administration and management.
Committed to providing broad access to quality higher education, Walden University offers educational opportunities to the employees of numerous partner hospitals and health systems, including the opportunity to benefit from Walden’s accredited programs. Walden’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Completion Program and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. In addition, Walden’s School of Counseling and Social Service MS in Mental Health Counseling program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). Walden is one of the only schools to offer a CACREP-accredited M.S. in Mental Health Counseling online.
Walden’s five new educational partnerships include:
- Austin Travis County Integral Care—Austin Travis County Integral Care services the areas of behavioral health and developmental disabilities for individuals and families in Travis County, Texas.
- Catholic Medical Center—Catholic Medical Center is a full-service healthcare facility located in Manchester, N.H., with 330 beds, 25 subspecialties, inpatient and outpatient services, diagnostic imaging and a 24-hour emergency department.
- Northwest Hospital—Northwest Hospital, a LifeBridge Health center, is a community acute care hospital located in Randallstown, Md., serving the northwest Baltimore metropolitan area.
- Saint Joseph Mercy Health System—Saint Joseph Mercy Health System provides tertiary medical care through seven hospitals in southeast Michigan.
- St. Vincent Health—St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, is one of Indiana’s largest and most comprehensive healthcare systems, with 20 hospital facilities throughout central Indiana.
Through Walden University’s educational partnerships, organizations can help their employees excel personally and professionally. Walden offers relevant, state-of-the-art degree programs that focus on real-world challenges and inspire positive social change. For more information on Walden University, its programs and its educational partnership opportunities, visit www.WaldenU.edu.
About Walden University
For more than 40 years, Walden University has supported working professionals in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and their communities. Today, more than 42,500 students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are pursuing their bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degrees online at Walden. The university provides students with an engaging educational experience that connects them with expert faculty and peers around the world. Walden is the flagship online university in the Laureate International Universities network—a global network of more than 55 online and campus-based universities in 27 countries.
Walden offers more than 50 degree programs with more than 225 specializations and concentrations. Areas of study include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration and information technology. For more information, visit www.WaldenU.edu. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.hlcommission.org.
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.