Walden’s online master’s in information technology program is designed to help you progressively build a 21st-century IT career—from the foundational skills required to enter the field to the specialized expertise needed for senior-level IT positions.
Designed with input from IT industry leaders and employers, the online master’s in IT program offers core courses to help you develop essential programming, networking, and database management and development skills. After completing these core courses, you can then pursue one of five specializations that provide the advanced training required for senior positions in the in-demand fields of health informatics, cyber security, big data analytics, information systems, or software engineering.
Throughout the IT master’s program, virtual labs, hands-on applications, and the use of real-time analytics and business intelligence platforms help you gain the practical, real-world skills demanded by today’s employers.
Recently redesigned to help you gain highly marketable skills more quickly and affordably, the online master’s in information technology program enables you to earn a Graduate Certificate in Information Systems upon completing your first four courses.*
Center of Excellence
Walden has been recognized as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Apply core information technology principles and practices.
- Apply best software engineering principles and practices to develop and maintain stable, secure, scalable, and maintainable software.
- Work in geographically dispersed teams to produce effective solutions to complex information technology problems.
- Recommend appropriate information technology solutions based on organizational needs and an evaluation of alternatives.
- Identify and discuss professional, individual, organizational, societal, and regulatory implications of information systems and technology.
- Select technologies, policies, and procedures to assure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and IT systems.
*To receive the Graduate Certificate in Information Systems, you must satisfactorily complete ITEC 6111, ITEC 6115, ITEC 6145, and ITEC 6030 and apply for the certificate, which is awarded at no additional cost.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.