As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, stakeholders, and service recipients.
- Assess the components of the healthcare delivery system in the United States.
- Appraise delivery of healthcare strategies and solutions.
- Analyze environmental factors impacting the management of healthcare organizations.
- Analyze decisions that impact the healthcare delivery system such as laws, mandates, court decisions, and policies.
- Utilize professional ethics in managing and leading healthcare organizations.
- Analyze the responsibility and operations of a healthcare organization in patient care outcomes and business performance.
- Apply critical thinking skills in financial management, human resourcing, operational improvement, and strategic planning.
- Analyze managerial and leadership challenges in healthcare.
- Analyze healthcare marketing used to improve consumer experience and competitive advantage.
- Utilize evidence-based healthcare strategies that are culturally appropriate to improve population health outcomes.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
Two Ways to Learn
With Tempo Learning™ by Walden, you can earn your degree on your own schedule, at your own pace, building on your existing skills, knowledge, and experience. In addition to the competency-based Master of Healthcare Administration, we offer a course-based option.
Preset course start and end dates help you manage your schedule over time. Knowing these dates makes it easier to plan ahead in completing your program.
The course-based approach exposes you to new material as well as reinforces and updates your knowledge in areas you’ve already mastered.
Your fellow students will be learning the same material at the same time, so if you find yourself struggling, you can connect with them for additional support.
Complete competencies at your own pace, based on your ability to demonstrate understanding of their content. At the beginning of each term, you will map out your learning goals in partnership with your Academic Coach.
You can use what you already know to accelerate your progress, potentially saving you time and money.
If you find materials challenging, you can slow down and spend additional time with them. You can also raise your hand to get support directly from our Faculty Subject Matter Experts.
Compare highlights of the Tempo Learning™ and course-based formats to decide which best suits your career goals and learning style.
*Cost and time to completion varies by student, depending on individual progress. For information on estimating your time to degree completion with Tempo Learning, call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, “Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical and Health Services Managers,” on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm.