Walden University’s BS in Criminal Justice program is designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to prepare for a career in law enforcement, the justice system, corrections, homeland security, and social services—and to change your world and the world of those around you.
AIM higher with a master’s degree
Earn credits toward your master’s degree while earning your bachelor’s degree with the Accelerate Into Master’s option. Learn how.
The program blends contemporary theory on the nature, extent, and cause of crime with the study of national and international criminal justice practices. Your learning is supported through coursework and a final capstone project.
Plus, in this online criminal justice degree program, you will use the latest interactive media, including lifelike, computer-generated scenarios from crime scenes.
You will also apply criminal justice theories to current issues as you gain perspective in these vitally important areas:
- Civic engagement, social responsibility, and global awareness
- Collection and analysis of data across organizations
- Teamwork and communication
As a further mark of quality, Walden has been designated by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education through the year. This designation means that you can:
- Apply for federal scholarships and grants.
- Attend a university with a national reputation for academic excellence in cyber security education.
- Prepare for more opportunities nationwide in government, education, and private sectors.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.