Foster stronger, healthier communities
You’re passionate about improving quality of life for individuals, families, and communities. Our BS in Health Studies program can empower you to create the health behavior changes you want to see. Personalize your path of study—and even get a head start on your master’s degree.
Learn what you need to know to excel in today’s health-related occupations, including health promotion, program evaluation, and communication.
Choose the General Program or one of three health studies degree concentration options to personalize your career path in allied health.
Choose the Health Promotion and Wellness concentration and engage in coursework specially developed to prepare you for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam.
With three completion options, you can pursue a bachelor’s degree in health studies in a way that makes sense for your life, budget, and learning style.
Course-Based: Receive up to a $4,800 Grant if you reside in the U.S. and start this program on September 27, 2021. Contact one of our Enrollment Specialists to learn more.Get Started Now
Two Ways to Learn
Choose from two degree completion options that are both designed for working professionals.
The course-based format may be a good option for you if you prefer an instructor-led approach and learning on a predetermined schedule.
Tempo Learning® is an alternative way to earn your Walden degree. It’s different from our standard course-based learning because you can work at a pace that makes sense for you, and progress once you’ve shown you understand a subject. With Tempo Learning®, you have the flexibility of online learning, plus the ability to personalize and control the length, cost, and pacing of your program.
Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM)
Earn up to 25 master’s-level credit hours by taking graduate-level courses as an undergraduate. This allows you to complete both degrees in less time than earning each degree separately. Learn more about Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM).
In this health studies concentration, you’ll explore the social, behavioral, emotional, and cognitive factors associated with disease, illness, and injury.
Admission is considered for adult students who hold a high school diploma or its equivalent. Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- You are 21 years of age or older.
- You are less than 21 years of age with at least 12 quarter credits.
- You are an active member of the military or a veteran with documentation of service.
More information for international applicants.
Turn Your Passion Into Impact
Walden’s Bachelor of Science in Health Studies program empowers you with the knowledge and skills to help others shape a healthier future. A BS in Health Studies degree prepares students for increasing responsibility in nonclinical careers in fields ranging from public health to health education. Apply what you learn immediately to make a greater impact in your current job—or take the next step in your career.
Graduates of this health studies degree program will be prepared to:
- Evaluate health and wellness promotion initiatives.
- Critically appraise the context and quality of healthcare delivery within and outside of the United States.
- Evaluate health-related research and research methods.
- Explain how a variety of factors (including behavioral theories, social and cultural factors and epidemiological principles) impact health.
- Assess public and global health issues across class, race, ethnicity, and culture.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to create effective health programs and services (inclusive of program planning, healthcare management, and program evaluation).
- Demonstrate effective communication skills necessary to advance social change in health education and promotion.
What’s the Career Impact of Earning a BS in Health Studies?
Find Your Opportunity in a Thriving Field
As the population ages, the demand for healthcare services is greater than ever. Healthcare jobs are predicted to surge 18% through 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. In fact, this industry is expected to create more jobs than any other occupational group—approximately 2.4 million.2
Be a Health Change Agent
Walden’s BS in Health Studies program can prepare you for roles in a range of settings. Career options include:
- Health promoter/health advisor
- Community health worker
- Worksite wellness coordinator
- Lifestyle coach
- Pharmaceutical/medical salesperson
Potential settings in which you could work with a health studies degree include:
- City, state, or national government health programs
- Community health programs
- Health and wellness facilities
- Health-based foundations
- Hospitals and clinics
- Medical diagnostic laboratories
- Nursing and residential care facilities
- Recreation and therapeutic facilities
Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this degree program.
Have a Question?
Chat with a BS in Health Studies Enrollment Specialist.Chat Now