Top Benefits of Earning a BS in Health Studies
A bachelor’s in health studies can help you gain the skills you need for a healthcare career.
Healthcare is in the news a lot these days, and for good reason. Healthcare in the United States is a $3.6 trillion industry1 and is poised to become the largest job sector in the nation before 2024.2 Needless to say, if you’re looking to start or advance a career in an important and growing field, healthcare is an excellent option.
While many work on the provider side of healthcare, there are also numerous job opportunities in administration, management, and other vital positions—positions you can help yourself qualify for with a BS in Health Studies. This healthcare degree covers health services, health science, and health education, making it an excellent degree for anyone looking to work on the nonprovider side of healthcare. Here are some of the ways a bachelor of health studies can benefit you.
You Can Learn Valuable Skills
In a BS in Health Studies program, you’ll take classes focused on the policies, organization, financing, and dynamics of the U.S. healthcare system. You can even choose from specializations such as healthcare management, health promotion and wellness, and health psychology and behavior. The program can help you learn how to:
- Apply multidisciplinary approaches to the study of illness, disease, and injury.
- Critically appraise the context and quality of healthcare delivery.
- Assess and develop relevant solutions related to the impact of aging on health and healthcare delivery.
- Apply epidemiological approaches to the study of patterns of disease and injury in populations.
- Evaluate study designs, methods, and strategies for data analysis used in health-related research.
- Understand the ways information technology can be used to support clinical and managerial decision-making in healthcare.
- Articulate critical issues in acute and long-term care from the perspectives of patient and practitioner.
- Analyze legal and ethical issues related to healthcare delivery and clinical research.
- Assess the context and quality of healthcare delivery within and outside of the United States.
- Analyze key behavioral and cultural factors that impact health and healthcare.
You Can Prepare for a Variety of Healthcare Jobs
A bachelor’s in health studies can provide you with a broad base of healthcare knowledge. This means it can prepare you for a broad range of healthcare careers. With your BS in Health Studies, you can gain the skills and experience you need to work in such settings as:
- Ambulatory healthcare services
- Health practitioners’ offices
- Hospitals and clinics
- Medical diagnostic laboratories
- Nursing and residential care facilities
- Outpatient care centers
- Nonprofit organizations
You Can Earn Your Degree Online
If you’re like many working adults, you may not have the time or means to attend school full time or drive to a college campus for classes. Thankfully, you can earn a BS in Health Studies degree online. When you enroll in an online university, you don’t have to worry about being close to a campus or leaving work to attend classes at specific times. Instead, online learning allows you to complete coursework from home and on a flexible schedule designed to work around your full-time job. With these advantages, online education can make earning a bachelor’s degree more possible than ever before.
The healthcare industry offers some of the best career opportunities around. With an online BS in Health Studies, you can put yourself in position to find the right healthcare job for you.
Walden University is an accredited institution offering an online BS in Health Studies degree program. Expand your career options and earn your degree in a convenient, flexible format that fits your busy life.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.