In our online PhD in Education program, you receive dedicated support services, seven specialization options, and unprecedented flexibility in degree choice, credit transfer, and program completion options. Walden helps you follow your passion and pursue research of your choice.
Why choose Walden for your PhD in Education?
- Contribute to social change by utilizing research to add to the body of knowledge in the field and solving problems not currently being addressed.
- Acquire the skills, knowledge, and specific professional dispositions that support student learning and development.
- Benefit from relevant learning opportunities that help you meet the challenges of the varied professional environments in today’s educational field.
- Develop the abilities to become a thought leader and make a difference in your own community.
In It Together
At Walden, we understand that you likely work full time and may care for children or other family members. Explore our support services designed to help you balance family commitments with your work and school responsibilities. We’re all in it together.
If you are committed to earning your doctorate in education, we are committed to helping you reach the finish line.
Our knowledgeable faculty, staff, and support team are here to support you throughout the PhD in Education program. Your initial doctoral foundation course and subsequent doctoral intensive support courses prepare you for a successful and rewarding dissertation experience. With 45 years of helping adult learners succeed, we are dedicated to helping you successfully complete your program—even if your plans change along the way. With Walden, you can:
- Choose your own research topic and conduct original research to address a pressing problem facing your students, institution, or community.
- Switch degree paths, even after starting your program. With our unique Lifelong Learner Pathway, you can start in one of our post-master’s or doctoral programs in education and move to another degree program without losing time or money. See how it works.
- Explore relevant, thought-provoking coursework and track your progress using interactive media, virtual case studies, and educational technology such as Degree Tracker.
- Be recognized for prior academic experience. You may be eligible to transfer credits from previous coursework.
The Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership at Walden University, a National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)–accredited institution, is dedicated to enhancing educator effectiveness.
Are you unsure about the differences between a PhD, EdD, and EdS program? View our program comparison or speak to an enrollment advisor to see which one is right for you.
Find information about Walden programs and licensure requirements specific to your state.
What Graduates Are Saying About Our Online PhD in Education Program
“What gives me pride is knowing that the effort that I have put into the program sends out a ripple effect. I'm making a change, a social change, in my own family as well as in a larger context.”
Shane Fairbairn, PhD in Education Graduate
“Career advancement would not have been possible without earning my degree at Walden University. Acquiring the tools I need while conducting scholarly work has allowed me to see education from a more global viewpoint and approach problems with new and different solutions.”
Reagan Ferragamo Romali, PhD in Education Graduate
Find out why more than 100 state teachers of the year have chosen to pursue their degrees at Walden University.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.