With our BS in Psychology program, you can gain new perspectives on social awareness and responsibility, civic engagement, cross-cultural competence, and evidence-based decision making that can help you advance your career and contribute to positive social change.
The field of psychology offers professionals the opportunity to transform lives both locally and globally. Our online bachelor’s in psychology program will introduce you to a wide range of theories, approaches, and perspectives within the field and provide you with a strong understanding of the issues affecting individuals and communities in today’s increasingly diverse society.
Why earn your online bachelor’s in psychology from Walden?
Evaluate different career paths.
Through our Walden-exclusive Psychology Seminar course, you can assess your skill set, explore occupations in the field, and make more informed choices about graduate training.
Save time and money on your graduate studies.
If your goals may include a master’s degree in psychology, consider our Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM) option.
Focus your degree on your interests.
Our program offers eight concentrations, allowing you to align your degree program with your overall goals.
Expand your horizons with a BS in Psychology
As a student in our program, you will gain an understanding of the key analytical skills, problem-solving techniques, and research methods used by professionals. You will have the opportunity to:
- Explore how race, gender, and cultural issues play a part in the study and assessment of personality.
- Examine methods of analysis, learning, memory, cognitive principles, and brain functioning as they relate to psychology, sensation, perception, evolution, motivation, and emotions.
- Assess psychological concepts from a variety of multicultural perspectives and engage in peer discussions to learn how diversity and multiculturalism affect human behavior.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design and data analysis and interpretation.
- Respect and use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and, when possible, a scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes.
- Understand and apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Tolerate ambiguity, act ethically, and reflect other values that are the underpinnings of psychology as a science serving a global society.
- Apply cultural competencies to effective and sensitive interactions with people from diverse backgrounds and cultural perspectives.
All of Walden’s degree programs are developed by experts in their respective fields. As a student in our BS in Psychology program, you will benefit from Walden’s 45 years of experience educating adult learners:
- Expert faculty: 100% of our BS in Psychology faculty members hold doctoral degrees.
- Global perspectives: Broaden your scope of knowledge in a program that takes an international approach to psychology by examining a variety of cultures and perspectives. Our diverse faculty and student body may provide insights you had not considered.
- Psychology Seminar course: Included across all concentrations, this Walden-exclusive offering helps you gauge your skills and interests, explore and evaluate various occupations in the psychology discipline, and define a path for attaining your career goals.
- High-quality education: The curriculum in our Addictions concentration has been approved by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals, which signifies Walden’s commitment and dedication to quality education.*
- Rich, relevant content: Rather than having to take a large number of general education courses, you can focus up to 70% of your program on psychology or other closely related content.
- Credit transfer: You may be eligible to transfer up to 135 credits, saving you nearly 50% in tuition. Call an enrollment advisor to discuss your options.
- Beyond your bachelor’s: Our Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM) option can enable you to earn credit toward a master’s degree in psychology while you complete your undergraduate studies, saving you time and money.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
*Walden University has been recognized as an NAADAC (Association for Addiction Professionals) Approved Academic Education Provider. NAADAC is a national organization offering education, clinical training, and certification to qualified professionals in the social service industry. Walden’s recognition as an NAADAC-approved education provider means that the Addictions concentration in Walden’s BS in Psychology program meets the educational standards recognized by NAADAC to prepare students to qualify for a national addictions certificate. Additional requirements must be met to complete the NAADAC exam and certifications. Students who plan to pursue an NAADAC certificate and/or a state substance abuse certification should refer to the NAADAC website for specific information and eligibility requirements.