Impact the Future of Healthcare With a BS in Healthcare Management From Walden
You want to do more than just further your career—you want to improve healthcare for all. We’ve created a BS in Healthcare Management program to help you do both. Take the next step in your professional journey while realizing your passion for helping others.
This program explores the latest trends and challenges affecting the industry—from healthcare delivery issues to organizational performance. Sharpen your analytical capabilities and written communication skills as well as other critical skills you can apply immediately on the job. Coursework includes an emphasis on health insurance, healthcare finance, and healthcare reimbursement.
As a student in Walden’s online bachelor’s in healthcare management program, you’ll benefit from:
- Curriculum aligned with professional association standards to ensure you’re acquiring skills vital to today’s jobs.
- Faculty with hands-on experience as hospital CEOs, quality improvement coordinators, and health informatics professionals.
- Flexibility and pacing that fits your busy life.
A Faster Path to Your MHA
Our BS in Healthcare Management program offers an optional Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM) pathway. AIM allows you to take master’s-level courses as a bachelor’s student, earning credits that will transfer into the Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program. You will enter the MHA program having earned up to 20 credits of the total credits required, saving you time and money.
Our online BS in Healthcare Management degree program helps prepare graduates to:
- Critically appraise the context and quality of healthcare delivery inside and outside of the United States.
- Evaluate health-related research and research methods.
- Analyze how population health impacts healthcare (including behavioral, demographic, and cultural factors).
- Explain how different factors impact the delivery of healthcare services (including technology, legal, and ethical factors).
- Evaluate the interprofessional approach to healthcare delivery.
- Articulate critical issues in acute and long-term care from the perspective of patient and practitioner.
- Analyze evidence-based factors that impact a healthcare organization’s performance, quality, and safety.
- Apply foundational healthcare economic evaluation and financial management skills.
- Apply strategic planning methods to healthcare organizations (including planning, implementing, and marketing).
- Evaluate human resource methods of managing healthcare employees.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare financial issues (including insurance, reimbursement, and prospective payment).
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.