Center for Degree Acceleration

As an adult learner, you bring a lifetime of experiences and knowledge to the classroom—from work and on-the-job training, volunteering, and military service to previous academic or professional development courses and independent study. At Walden, we value that knowledge and are committed to helping you earn credit for what you already know.

Walden’s Center for Degree Acceleration provides clear, personalized guidance on how to translate college-level knowledge into credits that can help you earn your degree more quickly and affordably.

At the Center for Degree Acceleration, representatives will personally guide you through a range of options that can help you transfer up to 75% of your required undergraduate credits or up to 50% of your required graduate credits. The Center for Degree Acceleration partners with trained admissions representatives who can offer a free transfer-of-credit evaluation.

For more information or to contact the Center for Degree Acceleration, click here.

We also provide a free transfer of credit evaluation.

Transfer Agreements

Transfer of Credit agreements make it easy to transfer credits from your previous college courses, associate degree program, or Walden Professional Development courses. View our partner agreements


Prior Learning Assessments for Undergraduate Students

Find out how to assess college-level learning gained through volunteer experience, independent study, or massive open online courses (MOOCs) that equate to specific Walden course objectives and credits. Learn more

Professional Experience

You also can have your professional experience, certifications or examinations assessed for potential credit toward your degree. Learn more


Military Experience

Your experiences while serving in the military are valuable to your education and may translate into potential credit toward your degree. Find out how

Accelerate Into Master's (AIM) Program

The AIM program allows you to complete graduate courses as part of your bachelor’s program that you can then apply toward the completion of your master’s program. Learn more


Undergraduate Pathways

Undergraduate Pathways offers options for increasing your course load to reduce your degree completion time. Find out how

Credit Evaluation Criteria

Credits to be evaluated for transfer from other educational institutions must be earned and recorded on an official transcript at a school that was accredited by a regional, professional/specialized, or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education at the time the course was completed or from an appropriately accredited institution outside the United States.

 For transfer of credit into graduate programs*, you must have earned that credit:

  • Within 10 years of matriculation.

  • In courses posting a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher.

For transfer of credit into undergraduate programs*, you must have earned credit:

  • With the exception of selected technology courses, there is no time restriction for undergraduate transfer coursework. 
  • In courses posting a C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher.

Find out what our online higher education community can offer you. Request information or speak with an enrollment advisor by calling 1-866-492-5336. A list of international toll-free phone numbers is available for students outside the United States.

*There may be additional program-specific transfer of credit criteria. Students should check the Transfer Maximum by Program table in the Walden University Student Handbook located under the Transfer of Credit link in the Admission section, as well as the program’s section in the Walden University Catalog, for program-specific transfer-of-credit requirements and restrictions.

Are you ready to get started?   Request Information
  • Create a profile, submit your application, pay nothing to apply. Get started now!
  • “I received my associate degree from another college, and over half of my required credits transferred to Walden. This definitely advanced my program and allowed me to pick up right where I wanted to.”

    Tara-Isis Machado
    BS in Communication student

  • Geared to Adult Learners

    No matter if you are intimidated by taking college courses or have previous college experience, Walden and the College of Undergraduate Studies offer a full range of student services geared to the unique needs of adult learners:

    Career Services
    Support Services
    Financial Aid
    Personal Advisors

  • Transfer Credits

    Call an enrollment advisor to learn more about how you can transfer up to 75% of your required undergraduate credits or up to 50% of your required graduate credits. We also provide a free transfer of credit evaluation.

  • Meet the advisors who will present you with a complete picture of the university to help ensure that you meet your goals.