Master the essentials of creating, executing, and evaluating captivating campaigns across traditional and digital channels with Walden’s online MS in Marketing program.
From social media to mobile advertising, the marketing landscape is evolving at a lightning pace. Our online marketing degree program can prepare you to be at the forefront of this dynamic field, introducing you to both the fundamentals of the discipline and the innovations and strategies that are redefining the way brands reach, engage, and influence consumers.
A Master’s in Marketing With Innovative Curriculum and Hands-On Learning
Featuring coursework grounded in established theory and current best practices, this online master’s degree in marketing allows you to:
- Examine a variety of traditional and digital tools and platforms and how they integrate into the marketing mix.
- Explore the key principles of consumer behavior and the importance of relationship marketing in customer retention.
- Gain an understanding of persuasion and storytelling in content developing, ways to leverage the power of social media, and brand and product management.
- Discover how to analyze marketing metrics as a way to inform strategic decision making.
- Devise creative marketing strategies that are relevant to real-world business needs.
- Participate in the Google Online Marketing Challenge.
- Engage in the development of comprehensive, three-year marketing plan for a real or fictional business through a capstone project.
- Define your career objectives and professional development plan with CareerBoost®, Walden’s signature career management tool.
Who is this online marketing degree program for?
Whether you have a background in traditional marketing and are looking to bring your skills into the digital age or you are a specialist seeking a broader understanding of the discipline, this master’s degree in marketing program can help you become a well-rounded marketing expert with the knowledge to impact your organization’s bottom line.
Prepare for Google AdWords and Analytics Certification
This online MS in Marketing program includes specific content to prepare you to take the Google AdWords and Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) certification exams.
Earn a Professional Credential Prior to Getting Your Degree
The master’s in marketing program includes an embedded Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing, which you are eligible for after completing the following courses: MRKT 6110, MRKT 6120, and MRKT 6130.
Graduates of the MS in Marketing program will be able to:
- Formulate statements of marketing opportunities to facilitate dialogue among stakeholders.
- Make ethically and socially responsible decisions.
- Collaborate with others from diverse perspectives in a business environment.
- Apply current trends to analyze marketing problems.
- Communicate professionally with stakeholders.
- Evaluate marketing decisions in a business environment.
With digital media transforming the way consumers make purchasing decisions today, marketing professionals with a comprehensive and up-to-date skill set will have a decided advantage when it comes to career opportunities.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that careers with marketing skills as a core attribute, such as advertising, promotions, and marketing managers, will grow by 12% by 2022.*
- With an increase in new media outlets, employment of public relations and fundraising managers is expected to grow 13% from 2012 to 2022.† At the same time, employment of public relations specialists is expected to grow 12%.‡
- As print newspaper publishing is expected to decline as a result of the continued rise of electronic media, advertising and promotions managers are expected to see employment growth in other areas.*
Walden’s MS in Marketing program can prepare you with the knowledge and practical skills to pursue a variety of exciting roles. Career options include:
- Brand manager
- Marketing manager
- Advertising manager
- Channel manager
- Marketing strategist
- Account executive
Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this online marketing degree program.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, “Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers,” on the Internet at www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm#tab-6 (viewed online May 12, 2014). National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
†Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, “Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Public Relations and Fundraising Managers,” on the Internet at www.bls.gov/ooh/management/public-relations-managers.htm (viewed online April 1, 2015). National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
‡ Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, “Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Public Relations Specialists,” on the Internet at www.bls.gov/ooh/media-and-communication/public-relations-specialists.htm (viewed online April 1, 2015). National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Accelerated Path to a Doctoral Degree
When you complete your online master’s in marketing program, you may be able to receive credit for four courses when enrolling in the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program and for two courses when enrolling in the PhD in Management program, which can save you time and money.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt. At the master’s level, Walden University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) and MS in Accounting are the only programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The MS in Marketing is not accredited by the ACBSP. Please visit our accreditation page to see the list of Walden accreditations.