Walden’s signature Virtual Field Experience (VFE®)
- Observe the best practices of lead teachers from across the U.S., via video.
- Gain exposure to a variety of teaching styles, students, classroom settings, and activities in each segment.
- Commit to 3 to 5 hours for viewing VFE® videos and completing corresponding assignments.
Supervised Classroom-Based Field Experience
Enhance your newly gained knowledge with supervised, hands-on field experiences in classrooms or similar education settings (beginning in your second semester).
- Participate at the age or grade for which you are seeking licensure, as determined by each specialization and specified in each course.
- Spend a minimum of fifteen hours per course to complete the experience.
- Plan to be in the classroom while school is in session. (You may be required to adjust your personal or professional schedule.)
- Complete demonstration teaching during your last semester.
- Enjoy the support and mentorship of both an experienced teacher and a Walden faculty member.
- Gradually assume complete responsibility for an actual classroom.
- Make a full-time, 12-week commitment to be in the classroom while school is in session. (You will be required to adjust your personal or professional schedule.)
Note: Due to the traditional school calendar we do not offer demonstration teaching experiences during the summer semester.