Prepare to make a bigger difference with our Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)–accredited Master of Social Work (MSW) program.
As a social worker, you can help improve quality of life for individuals, families, and groups in underserved or at-risk populations. With an emphasis on clinical practice, our online MSW program will help you build the skills and knowledge to work toward social justice in your community.
Focus your studies on the area of greatest interest to you with one of four concentrations:
- Advanced Clinical Practice—Develop the therapeutic skills to engage clients in defining issues, setting and prioritizing goals, and committing to the change process.
- Military Social Work—Address the needs of military personnel, veterans, and their families, including before, during, and after deployment.
- Social Work in Healthcare—Prepare for practice in the complex healthcare environment, as you learn to support clients and families facing a variety of medical challenges.
- Social Work With Children and Families—Promote child, youth, and family success in the face of challenging environments and social conditions.
You’ll also have the option to further customize your learning by choosing one or more of our three-course elective clusters.
Position yourself for strong social work practice through:
- Real-World Education—Combine theory with application through customized video and written case studies, in-person residencies, and field experience, all under the guidance of our diverse, expert faculty.
- CSWE Accreditation—Not only is graduation from a CSWE-accredited MSW degree program necessary for social work licensure in most states, it demonstrates the quality of your education to employers, making you a more marketable professional.
- Time to Completion Options—Choose from three degree completion options (Standard, Accelerated, and Advanced Standing) to align with your schedule, as well as four convenient start dates throughout the year.
- The Standard option helps you balance your MSW with other life commitments by limiting your workload to one or two courses per term.
- The Accelerated option is an ideal choice if you can dedicate yourself to full-time studies. This option requires a strong time commitment, as you’ll take three courses in most terms.
- The Advanced Standing option is for students who already hold a Bachelor of Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program and graduated with a minimum GPA of 3.0—you’ll begin your program with advanced-level courses.