From fighting infectious diseases to reducing health disparities, public health professionals across the globe face new challenges every day.
Walden’s online Master of Public Health (MPH) degree program provides the education you need to address public health issues, including:
- A solid foundation in the core areas of public health: biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health, public health administration, and social and behavioral sciences.
- A global perspective on public health, enriched by the experiences of students from all over the world.
- Interactive and enhanced media that allow students to simulate real-world public health issues and solutions.
- A cutting-edge online environment and curriculum featuring case studies on the latest public health issues.
- A field experience designed for an immediate impact on your career and your community.
Reflecting Walden’s decades of commitment to positive social change, the online Master of Public Health degree program prepares you to improve the health of communities and deal with health disparities within a wide range of settings.
MPH Vision, Mission, and Goals
Healthy communities through positive social change.
The mission of the MPH program at Walden University is to provide high-quality education that enables a public health work force of practitioners, researchers, and educators to excel at addressing public health challenges; conducting research; promoting positive social change; and assuring healthy communities at local, national, and international levels.
The program strives to fulfill its mission through excellent performance via instruction, scholarship, and service activities. The program goals for these three areas are as follows:
- Instructional Goal
Prepare students to be competent public health professionals who contribute to positive social change through delivery of the public health core functions and essential services.
- Research Goal
Engage in research and scholarly activities that advance the public health profession and contribute to positive social change in local and global communities.
- Service Goal
Engage in service activities that advance the public health profession and contribute to positive social change in local and global communities.
MPH Core Values
The values that guide the work of our faculty and students include quality, professional integrity, student-centeredness, respectful engagement, cultural sensitivity, effective leadership, collaboration, social justice, and responsibility for positive social change.