A student participating in a study abroad program will access financial aid through the home school, which then disburses federal aid for courses taken at the host school. The host school agrees not to disburse federal aid and to monitor the student’s enrollment for the home school.

Consortium agreements may be made between Walden University (home school) and a host school if the student has been approved by Walden to take coursework at the host institution that will fully transfer toward the Walden degree program.

Walden degree-seeking students must submit to the Walden Office of Financial Aid a copy of the Walden University Permission to Take a Course at Another Institution form that is signed by Walden’s Admissions Office and a Consortium Agreement form signed by the host school’s financial aid office. Students must also meet all other federal eligibility requirements.

If the student is approved for a consortium agreement by Walden, Walden University will disburse federal aid to the Walden student account, and the bursar's office will issue the refund to the student. The student is responsible for meeting payment deadlines set by the host school. Walden University does not pay the host school on behalf of the student, and Walden University does not alter the financial aid disbursement schedule to meet deadlines set by the host school.

Do you have questions about financial aid? If you haven’t yet applied to Walden, please contact an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336 in the United States. If you are a current student, please contact a financial aid advisor at finaid@waldenu.eduor call 1-800-WALDENU (1-800-925-3368).


Do you want more information about financial aid?   Request Information
  • Completing Your FAFSA

    Remember that Walden’s Title IV Code is 025042.

    Learn More