Walden University has a professional partnership with Family Bank of Kenya providing our students access to private student loans to help them remove any immediate financial obstacles and complete their studies more easily.
For those seeking student loans for college, our partnership provides you access to favorable financial terms, such as:
- Below-market interest rates
- Repayment terms of up to six years
- Fast and efficient higher education student loan processing and disbursement
- An easy and fast source of funds for account holders and non-account holders for education purposes
Private Student Loan Amounts and Repayment Periods
- Minimum loan amount of KES 100,000
- Maximum loan amount of KES 3,000,000
- Loans between KES 100,000 and KES 200,000, up to a maximum term of 48 months
- Loans between KES 200,001 and KES 3,000,000 up to a maximum term of 72 months
- Below-market interest rates
- 2% loan application and processing fee
- Subject to a fee to cover insurance
- Applicants should be employed, resident Kenyan citizens, and 59 years of age or younger.
- You will be required to demonstrate that you would need a net equivalent to one-third of your basic salary after computing all the deductions appearing on your monthly pay slip (after taking into account any deductions for the tuition loan under consideration).
How to Get Student Loans from Family Bank:
To start your international student loan application process, contact either:
Janice Kiiru, Family Bank, KILIMANI BRANCH, Nairobi
Call - 0717724877/0701010330
Meldon Awino, Family Bank, KTDA RETAIL BRANCH, Nairobi
Call - 0726610433
Mumbi Thuku, Family Bank, Tom Mboya 3rd Floor, Nairobi
Call - 0705325325
After speaking to one of the contacts listed above, visit your nearest Family Bank branch to continue the process
- Before submitting your loan application, you must be admitted to Walden University. Speak with your enrollment advisor about this process.
- Speak to one of the contacts at Family Bank about specific loan application forms you will be required to complete, the process you will have to follow, and the supporting documents you will need to collect in order to apply.
- Provided your application to Walden University is successful, your student loan for college is approved by Family Bank, and you decide to start your studies:
- As you receive your invoice, the university will send a copy of your tuition invoice to Family Bank.
- Family Bank will disburse the payment directly to Walden University to cover your tuition.
- Your employer will commence making deductions from your monthly salary and transfer the funds directly to Family Bank.
You will be required to attach the following to the loan application forms:
- Three original certified pay slips for the last three months
- Two recent passport-size photos
- Three copies of your Kenyan national identity card
- A certified original bank statement showing transactions from the last three months for any applicants who do not maintain accounts with Family Bank
- Family Bank Ltd. reserves the right to consider your application on an individual basis.
- The tuition loan is subject to satisfactory credit appraisal of the borrower undertaken by the bank. The bank may, if required, request additional documentation from the borrower as part of this appraisal.
- The Lender (Family Bank) reserves the right, within the limits, to revise the applicable rates provided, however in this instance that the lender shall give you relevant notice in accordance with the terms and conditions of its tuition loan prior to any change in such manner as may be permitted by law in Kenya.
- The actual loan agreement is signed between the bank and the borrower and does not involve Walden University.