Walden’s online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree program is designed for experienced professionals who want to gain deeper business knowledge and serve as global change agents in corporate, public sector, or academic environments.
Developed with insights from experienced faculty members and leading business practitioners, the DBA degree program emphasizes advanced decision-making and leadership skills, and in-depth knowledge of both theory and applied research. Explore some of the greatest challenges and opportunities facing business today, and immediately start applying what you’ve learned.
Why earn your online DBA degree from Walden?
- Create the change you want to see. Research the topic you’re most passionate about, develop solutions that enable you to be a catalyst for change, and prepare to make a true difference.
- We provide the guidance you need to succeed. From the first day through graduation, you’ll receive personalized answers and support from the DBA Student Advocate, a specially-trained doctoral faculty member who has firsthand knowledge of what it takes to excel.
- Our tools help you learn online and stay on schedule. In addition to our wide range of custom doctoral support services, the Doctoral Capstone Resources website allows you to find useful information, plan your milestones, and track your accomplishments as you work toward your degree.
- Gain a global perspective. Learn from case studies featuring change-making Walden alumni and business leaders from around the world. Walden DBA students reside in 43 countries outside of the U.S.*
- Face-to-Face Residencies. Prepare for critical phases of your doctoral study and develop your professional network beyond the classroom.
- Two options for doctoral study. We offer two options to complete your doctoral study. Choose a traditional doctoral study or the consulting capstone option, which gives students a unique and innovative opportunity to apply their newfound skills and knowledge to solve real-world challenges as a consultant for an actual client.
Walden University’s online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Key benefits of ACBSP accreditation are:
- Validation that your program meets nationally recognized standards of quality endorsed by businesses, government, and other organizations.
- Assurance that your program can provide you with the skills you need to compete in today’s global marketplace.
- Recognition by employers, graduate schools, and regulatory organizations.
Graduates of Walden’s online Doctor of Business Administration program will be prepared to:
- Evaluate the relevance of current and emerging business theory and practice from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Formulate effective solutions to complex, real-world problems common to the practice of business and management.
- Apply current research literature to practical problems found in business and management.
- Evaluate scholarly research in business and management.
- Design rigorous research that contributes to the professional body of knowledge of business and management.
- Design rigorous research that contributes to positive social change.
- Apply professional ethics appropriately.
For business professionals who want to take their education to the next level, the online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program provides real-world, practical knowledge that can be implemented in the workplace. By developing new skills in critical thinking and problem-solving, you will be better prepared to compete in complex business environments.
As a graduate of Walden’s DBA program, your career options may include working in a variety of settings and roles that include:
Private and nonprofit sectors
- Entrepreneur/business owner
Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this degree program.
Learn more about the career outlook for graduates with a Doctor of Business Administration
Save Time and Money on Your Degree
The ability to transfer credit at Walden from your coursework or credentials can give you a more seamless, effective, and cost-efficient way to continue your education.
- Complete your required Doctor of Business Administration coursework sooner by transferring your applicable credits from coursework or credentials.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
*Source: www.WaldenU.edu/DATA, 2013–2014
Walden’s BS in Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), and PhD in Management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The MS in Accounting and BS in Accounting programs are also accredited by the ACBSP and have earned the organization’s Specialized Accounting Accreditation.