What Is Expected of Me?
Our students report that they spend on average 20 hours per week, per course, contributing to class discussions, completing assigned readings, and working on assignments. Many online courses are asynchronous, meaning you can log in at any time, from anywhere—as long as you follow the weekly schedule, including specific login requirements.
Student Readiness Orientation and New Student Orientation
To help get you started, we offer two free orientations that support you in different ways:
- The self-paced Student Readiness Orientation will introduce you to Walden's online learning environment, Blackboard. In this asynchronous, online orientation you will learn more about how to prepare for being a Walden student and the resources available to you as a Walden student.
- A New Student Orientation. This orientation will be your first interaction with our Student Support Team, which provides technical and administrative assistance. This presentation, offered live or on demand, is designed to welcome you to the Walden family, teach you about the online learning environment, and inspire you in your studies with us. If you select the live presentation, you will have the opportunity to interact with peers and hear from faculty and former students regarding strategies for success, and have the opportunity to ask questions and get answers on the spot.
On-Demand New Student Orientation
View the recording of our last webinar now.
Your Portal to Learning
Then you can get started right from your online student portal, myWalden. Access everything you need to succeed in your online courses, including the Walden Library and the Center for Research Quality, conveniently in one location.
As a new student, you’ll be invited to a Welcome Center on myWalden, which allows you to use the portal to connect to:
- Classrooms, course syllabi, and chat rooms.
- Grades and academic records.
- Registration and financial records.
- Student support services, including research and library databases.
- Online tools to update your student information and submit requests to the Student Support and
- Academic Advising teams.
- An online tracking system to view your requests in real time.
e-Portfolio - Track Your Progress and Achievements
Collect and store all your course assignments and papers conveniently online with Walden’s ePortfolio. This electronic portfolio can help you organize coursework so you can track your progress within your program as well as share assignments easily with others.
With ePortfolio, you can:
- Submit your coursework to faculty members for assessment.
- Share your best work with classmates, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Create presentations to showcase your knowledge and skills for career advancement.
- Refer back to submissions so you can track your continuing professional development.
The ePortfolio service is available in select programs and is included in the cost of tuition. To find out whether ePortfolio is included in your program, please contact an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336
Join a Student Organization
Walden is affiliated with a number of honor societies and student organizations that can help you advance within your field while expanding your professional network. Learn more.