Attain a new level of expertise, credibility, and influence—and prepare for greater professional opportunities—with our online PhD in Management, one of a few such programs offered online.
This interdisciplinary PhD in Management degree program draws upon a broad range of areas to examine in depth the latest management concepts and theories in scholarly literature. In addition, learners are asked to consider new and alternative forms of management and leadership that might be more applicable to the 21st-century digital world.
Learners will be asked to pose deep questions, think critically, and challenge conventional wisdom as they explore possibilities for using managerial innovations to promote positive social change.
Through an intellectually engaging curriculum, students in this program will go beyond passive learning to become thought leaders and active creators of knowledge.
Why earn your PhD in Management from Walden?
Our online PhD in Management empowers you to:
- Conduct original research on a management topic of your choosing, without the traditional academic boundaries.
- Examine issues of ethics, social responsibility, stakeholder conceptions of management and leadership, and other key themes as they relate to the functioning of organizations.
- Participate in four residencies that give you the opportunity to meet face-to-face with Walden faculty and staff; network and socialize with peers; and enhance your research, writing, and critical thinking skills.
Walden’s PhD in Management degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Among other benefits, ACBSP accreditation provides:
- Validation that your program meets nationally recognized standards of quality endorsed by businesses, government, and other organizations.
- Assurance that your program can provide you with the skills you need to compete in today’s global marketplace.
- Recognition by employers, graduate schools, and regulatory organizations.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Articulate the evolution of the field of management and its relationship to human and societal development.
- Analyze various theories, concepts, and tools that seek to explain and provide the basis for management decision-making.
- Evaluate management and systems-thinking principles at the core of the design and evolution of organizational and social systems.
- Appraise the relevance of seminal, current, and emerging management theories and practices from an interdisciplinary and social-change perspective.
- Assess identified gaps in the current research literature in the field of management and in their chosen areas of specialization.
- Design efficacious and ethical research that addresses identified gaps in the body of knowledge in management and related sub-fields.
- Advance the body of knowledge through original research in the field of management and chosen areas of specialization via the application of a variety of appropriate methodology, design, and analysis methods.
- Communicate effectively to academic and general stakeholders the results of original research that advance the field of knowledge in management and chosen specializations and contribute to positive social change.
Save Time and Money on Your Degree
The ability to transfer credit at Walden can give you a more seamless, effective, and cost-efficient way to continue your education. Complete your required coursework sooner by transferring applicable required graduate credits from coursework or credentials into a Walden degree program.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
Walden’s BS in Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), and PhD in Management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The MS in Accounting and BS in Accounting programs are also accredited by the ACBSP and have earned the organization’s Specialized Accounting Accreditation.