Gain distinction in your field and take a lead role in promoting healthier, safer communities with Walden’s online Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) degree program, one of the few offered online.
Why earn your DrPH from Walden?
The online DrPH joins Walden’s BS in Public Health, Master of Public Health (MPH), and PhD in Public Health to form one of the largest online suites of public health programs available today. Designed for public health practitioners, this professional degree program can prepare you to advance into a leadership or administrative role and make a greater impact in your field.
Walden’s Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) program delivers an unparalleled learning experience through an interactive online classroom, in-person academic residencies, and a multidisciplinary format that enables you to collaborate with students from other programs in Walden’s College of Health Sciences. You can enhance your leadership and critical-thinking expertise while gaining insight into 21st-century public health challenges from both a domestic and global perspective.
You will focus on the practical application of public health principles and integration of knowledge in the areas of communication, marketing, public policy and advocacy, economics, analysis of community health data and surveillance systems, behavior change theories, and program implementation and evaluation. As a student, you will also integrate and apply research methods in community-based practice settings to improve the health of your community.
Walden’s Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) program gives you the opportunity to:
- Learn from respected scholars and practitioners in the field of public health.
- Collaborate with students from other programs in Walden’s College of Health Sciences in a diverse, shared learning environment.
- Combine online learning and in-person academic residencies to enhance your abilities as a scholar-practitioner.
- Complete a capstone project that allows you to apply what you've learned to address a real problem in your field.
Our online Doctor of Public Health program is designed to prepare graduates to:
- Critically evaluate the interdisciplinary role of stakeholders in the application and evaluation of population-based public health strategies.
- Evaluate approaches to inform and influence public health interventions and strategies.
- Apply research methods in the investigation of public health problems.
- Critically evaluate evidence-based research, theories, and models used in public health.
- Apply systems-thinking skills and strategies for the promotion of public health policy and advocacy.
- Apply evidence-based research and practices to promote positive social change.
- Examine the application of economic theories in relation to public health systems across diverse community settings.
- Apply community health assessment techniques to identify, prioritize, and formulate solutions to community public health problems.
- Apply ethical principles in public health practice.
Save Time and Money on Your Degree
- You can automatically reduce your required Doctor of Public Health credits and coursework if you have completed your Master of Public Health. Reducing required credits in your program will make your education more affordable.
- You can also complete your required Doctor of Public Health coursework sooner by transferring your applicable credits.
Find detailed information for this program including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt. This information will vary depending on whether you (1) hold a MPH degree or (2) hold a master's degree in an area other than public health.