Explore our Online Doctor of Public Administration Program
Through Walden’s online Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) program, you can apply your knowledge to create change in government, nonprofits, or other policy organizations.
Walden University’s Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) is an applied doctoral program designed to prepare you to become a leader. You will gain the in-depth knowledge to develop effective management skills and solve practical problems in government and governance.
Why Earn Your DPA Degree From Walden?
- As part of our DPA program, you will attend residencies modeled after charrettes. In these team-based experiences, you will apply what you have learned to real-world business case studies and recommend practical solutions to issues that impact people around the world.
- The DPA is a professional doctorate, which means you will focus on solving real problems of practice. Guided by expert faculty, you will gain managerial skills and study the everyday practice of public administration, management, and applied research in a global context.
- Walden offers not only the flexibility of online learning, but also the flexibility to choose the degree that meets your needs. If your goals include research or teaching, you may want to explore our PhD in Public Policy and Administration.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Evaluate effective leadership/management principles (including theory, concepts, and practices) utilized in the public sector.
- Evaluate solutions to practical problems in public administration using evidence-based practices and research.
- Apply ethical concepts of public administration within organizations.
- Apply culturally sensitive public administration research to meet the needs of diverse populations at local, state, national, and international levels of government.
- Utilize analytic methods in making decisions related to public administration that contributes to positive social change.
- Engage in scientific inquiry to advance practice in the field of public administration.
Save Time and Money on Your Degree
The ability to transfer credit at Walden from your coursework or credentials can give you a more seamless, effective, and cost-efficient way to continue your education.
- Complete your required Doctor of Public Administration coursework sooner by transferring your applicable credits.
- Students who have completed a Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Policy, or Master in Nonprofit will automatically receive 15 credits for their completed degree.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.