Through a clearly defined learning process, the BS in Interdisciplinary Studies program will help prepare you to integrate knowledge from different perspectives and develop strong analytical and communication capabilities.
AIM higher with a master’s degree
Earn credits toward your master’s degree while earning your bachelor’s degree with the Accelerate Into Master’s option. Learn how.
Discover how to solve problems and make decisions in creative, innovative, and productive ways—and gain the knowledge and expertise you need to change your world and the world of those around you.
When you earn your BS in Interdisciplinary Studies online from Walden, you can benefit from:
- Enroll in one of the most innovative BS in Interdisciplinary Studies programs online.
- Position yourself for greater professional opportunities, earning potential, and impact on your organization and community.
- Continue your education by pursuing a related master’s or doctoral degree in an area of academic emphasis.
Unique Program Structure
- Take courses that build upon one another to add breadth and depth to your learning.
- Focus on your interests and deepen your knowledge in two areas of academic emphasis in addition to completing core interdisciplinary courses.
- Select from a variety of highly relevant field experiences, including an internship, a public service or study abroad opportunity, or a seminar in interdisciplinary research.
- Use your prior college experience to customize your focus on a particular area with a Self-Design option.
Social Change Impact
• Deepen your understanding of social responsibility with a curriculum aligned with Walden’s mission of positive social change.
Heighten Your Aspirations and Readiness
• Listen to a founding expert in the field define interdisciplinary studies, explain its relevance as an emerging field of study, and discuss why employers value graduates with an interdisciplinary background.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.