Be a part of social change in your community
Every step forward begins with an idea. Members of the Walden community know each idea and action can make a positive impact. During October’s Global Days of Service, Walden faculty, staff, students, and alumni, as well as their friends and family, participate in community service projects. Past events have included:
- Remodeling a computer lab, refreshing paint in classrooms and bathrooms and installing wireless internet at Bay Brook Intermediate School in Baltimore.
- Cooking for parents and families of sick children at the Ronald McDonald House in Amsterdam.
- Hosting an event for abandoned children in Gdansk, Poland.
- Created activity kits for People Serving People.
- Worked with Habitat for Humanity to finish a house-building project including work on flooring, painting, hardware installation, and trim.
- Stuffed microchip bags at the Animal Care and Control.
- Beautification of Residential Treatment Children’s Shelter.
- Prepared packets of school supplies to hand out to students and teachers.
If you are interested in making a difference in your area, click here to find a volunteer project in your community. Be sure to post your photos on social media using the hashtag #WaldenGDS.
Thank you to all our volunteers for helping make a positive impact around the globe. The Walden community is proud to do its part to inspire action.