Whether you are advancing your career in the government, nonprofit, or private sector, Walden’s MS in Management provides the skills you need to effectively manage projects, teams, and organizations across sectors and environments.
From best practices for streamlining processes and systems to practical strategies for motivating people, this master’s degree program can enable you to:
- Develop a strong practical approach to management.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of budgeting for nonfinancial managers.
- Participate in timely, relevant assignments that reflect the most current management thinking.
- Integrate global awareness, legal and ethical considerations, human capital development, and social change opportunities into your day-to-day management style.
- Deepen your functional expertise through a choice of eight optional specializations.
Graduates from this program will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate critical-thinking skills that lead to ethical and reasoned decision making within a management context.
- Formulate sustainable solutions to practical management problems encountered in a complex global environment by synthesizing relevant data and information and applying systems thinking to problem-solving.
- Assess opportunities to improve and sustain organizational performance through strategic thinking, the development of human capital, the allocation of physical resources, and the management of financial resources.
- Evaluate methods to develop people and manage teams to obtain the best performance in order to achieve goals and positive environments despite potential challenges imposed by a diverse workforce, cross-cultural differences, and virtual work settings.
- Propose negotiation strategies that will lead to positive, ethical outcomes and demonstrate scrupulous consideration of perceived points of conflict; differences in values, beliefs, and culture; or divergence of goals.
- Appraise techniques managers may use to facilitate change, examining the implications of culture, inertia, and uncertainty as well as the importance of understanding motivation and devising effective communications.
- Develop effective communications for various types of management scenarios, demonstrating awareness of audience needs, accepted standards of professional practice, correct grammar, and appropriate writing style.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.