From social media to digital storytelling, the communication field is evolving at an exponential pace.
Step up to new career challenges—now and in the future—with a master’s degree in communication from Walden. One of the first of its kind, this online program can give you a professional edge in an industry that’s ever-changing.
Featuring coursework grounded in the latest communication practices and theories, the online MS in Communication program prepares you to craft compelling messages for local, national, and global audiences and translate that messaging into different media. Real-world scenarios and projects enable you to learn how to effectively develop, execute, and measure integrated communication strategies using both traditional and innovative channels.
Whether you’re looking to advance in your current role or explore exciting new career opportunities in marketing, public relations, digital media, social media, or corporate communication, earning your master’s degree in communication from Walden can help you get there.
Earn a Professional Credential Prior to Getting Your Degree
Walden’s online master’s degree in communication program offers an embedded Graduate Certificate in Communication, which you are eligible for after the first four courses.
Graduates of the master’s in communication program will be able to:
- Critically analyze media from producer and consumer perspectives
- Apply communication theories and principles effectively
- Use appropriate traditional and digital media to attain desired results
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the regulatory environment impacts the communication field
- Evaluate communication plans and activities
- Implement communication plans and activities that will result in achievement of organizational goals
- Practice ethically in the field of communication
- Communicate professionally with stakeholders
- Use the creative process to solve organizational issues
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.