The Walden University Alumni Association offers a variety of opportunities for our alumni to connect with each other and the University.
Each month we offer:
- Alumni Coffee Chat – An intimate networking event that allows alumni to video chat with each other and discuss different trends in their field or offer advice.
- Alumni Book Club – Each month the alumni association hosts a book club meeting. The book is announced at the beginning of each month. During the book club, a host guides the conversation about the book.
- Alumni Led Webinars – Each month we have an alum host a webinar on a topic of their choice.
Considering a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree? Panelists will discuss their personal DNP journeys, the challenges they faced, and the support they received along the way. Learn about exciting new updates to Walden’s DNP program, too!
Have you or someone you know been traumatized by emotional abuse? Join Walden alum Nicole Larson (MBA 2008) for a free webinar as she presents steps to progress from that trauma toward healing.
We’re all juggling more than usual right now, but how can we do it all? If you’ve been working from home for years or suddenly adjusting to teleworking, this webinar is for you. Join Savitri Dixon-Saxon, vice provost for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Walden University, for a discussion about some of the challenges and benefits of working from home. In this session, we will:
- Identify common experiences of working from home
- Overcome anxieties associated with working from home
- Discuss how to achieve good physical and mental health while working from home
Attendees will learn:
- Recording equipment needed to launch your podcast
- What platform to use to host your podcast
- Choosing a podcast format
- Editing your podcast
Are you wondering how to manage the care of a loved one or how to support a caregiver during these uncertain times? Join Walden alumna Dr. Cynthia Hickman for a free webinar. You can access on your computer or mobile device to find out!
Wondering how to make your LinkedIn profile shine? Join us for a free webinar with Walden alum Dr. Jairo Borja, right from your computer or mobile device.
You've completed a degree program with Walden University ... so what is next on the horizon?
During this webinar Tiffany Solarin, our Alumni Chapters Manager, will discuss the perks of being a chapter member:
- Lifelong engagement
- Ambassador program
- Career services
- Local events
- Social change
- Opportunities to speak
A goal of many doctoral graduates is to take on teaching positions at the university level. Starting in an adjunct role can often be a major first step in the path of academia. In this one-hour event, Dr. Philip Terry-Smith (Ph.D. in Human Services, Walden University Class of 1992) explains what actions you can take to find, obtain, and prepare yourself for a teaching position as adjunct faculty.
Join Dr. Gabriel Warren (’16) for a free webinar on making the jump from corporate life to the tenure track in higher education.
Join Walden alumna Tricia Parido ’18, BS in Psychology, as she shares resiliency tactics, how to integrate them into your life, and how to manage positive change for the long term.
Join us for a fireside-style chat with Walden President Dr. Ward Ulmer. During this very special alumni event, President Ulmer will offer reflections on the past year, give Walden University updates from the alumni perspective, and share plans for 2021.
The event is moderated by Dr. Rochelle Gilbert, dean of student affairs, and includes a question-and-answer segment.