As a student in the M.S. in Leadership program, you have the option to participate in a variety of learning experiences and access a wide range of resources designed to give you a competitive advantage in the marketplace. They include:
Choose between two capstone projects that allow you to apply the skills you’ve gained in the program to a real-world situation.
In the Capstone Proposal Project, you can take your own idea for a project that can lead to positive social change and work through the steps of preparing a proposal for the project to a funding organization. While you will define any research and expected results required to support the proposal, you will not perform the research itself as part of the project.
In the Capstone Research Project, you can select a social impact issue or area that interests you, explore that topic in-depth, and work through the steps required to complete a scholarly paper on the topic. Graduate-level critical thinking and writing will be applied in completing this work.
Leadership Conferences and Real-World Insights
Benefit from access to live streaming presentations of prestigious international events and conferences, such as the World Innovation Forum, World Leadership Forum, World Business Forum, and Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting. Learn from today’s most innovative authors, business executives, and thought leaders in our Inspiring Today’s Leaders webinar series.
Receive a complimentary membership to WOBI|World of Business Ideas, a stimulating online environment where you can explore innovative ideas from industry leaders and business icons who are shaping our global marketplace.
Accelerated Path to a Doctoral Degree
When you complete your M.S. in Leadership, you may be able to receive credit for four courses when enrolling in the Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) program and for two courses when enrolling in the Ph.D. in Management program, which can save you time and money. Call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336 to determine eligibility and learn more.
When you choose Walden’s M.S. in Leadership, you can benefit from the flexibility of online learning and from MobileLearn®. Offered exclusively at Walden, MobileLearn not only enables you to choose where and when you learn, it also gives you the ability to choose how you learn. Learn more.
Which Management Program is Right for You?
When selecting among Walden’s M.S. in Management, M.S. in Leadership, Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) and Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) programs, consider which features are right for your learning style and your career aspirations.
The M.S. in Management program may be your best choice if you want to:
- Gain a practical, integrated approach to management.
- Develop my personal management skills as I gain an integrated perspective to managing budgets, resources, systems, and information.
- Focus on creating solutions that benefit both people and organizational performance.
- Become a better manager across functional areas and teams.
- Move into a management position in which I work with others to strategically and effectively manage projects, processes, and operations.
The M.S. in Leadership program may be your best choice if you want to:
- Build my knowledge across disciplines.
- Develop courses of action by leading, motivating, and influencing people and to establish the context for problem-solving.
- Focus on self-awareness, communication, and putting decisions into context.
- Build teams and provide leadership across an organization.
- Move into a leadership position in which I can help others move toward new or shared goals and identify ways to implement solutions together.
The EMBA program may be your best choice if you want to:
- Develop a greater understanding of the challenges and opportunities that drive success in today’s global marketplace.
- Enhance my strategic thinking around improving organizational performance.
- Develop my own personal leadership style while advancing my professional goals.
- Become a successful executive leader in a global business environment.
- Launch a new business that drives innovation to the marketplace.
The M.B.A. program may be your best choice if you want to:
- Gain discipline-based knowledge within multiple functional areas, such as marketing, accounting, information technology, and finance.
- Develop courses of action based on analyses, plans, and decisions within specific contexts.
- Focus on learning discrete decision-making techniques within specific business administration areas.
- Direct a functional area within an organization.
- Assume a leadership position in which I direct others to form and implement decisions.