A Rewarding Online Experience
If you ever need extra support as you earn your online degree, you can rely on our Student Support Team. Our team members are experts in the online learning environment, and they are dedicated to making your experience both productive and rewarding. They serve as your personal guides to online learning, offering:
- A self-paced online orientation that introduces you to the online learning environment.
- Technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Assistance in locating textbooks, assignments, and other learning materials essential to your studies.
- Support in accessing other Walden student resources.
Technical Support You Can Count On
Our exceptional team of technical support staff will help you navigate your online learning environment. You can connect with Walden’s Student Support Team by phone, email, and online chat. They assist with the New Student Orientation as well as technical and scheduling issues.
To help ensure your success as a Walden student, you should be proficient using email, the Internet, and common desktop productivity software. Please note that some programs may require additional technology requirements.
- Internet access required (Broadband is recommended as students with dial-up may experience degraded performance)
- Windows Vista/7 or Mac OS X with virtualization software (like Parallels with Windows OS)
- 2GB of RAM minimum
- 40GB hard drive
- DVD drive, speakers, and headphone connected to the computer
- Inkjet or laser printer
- Portable media (thumb drive)
- Web browser (Internet Explorer ver. 9.0 or higher or Firefox ver. 19 or higher)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Reader ver. 10.1 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player ver. 11.7 or higher
- Apple QuickTime ver. 7.7 or higher
- Windows Media Player ver. 11 or higher
- Antivirus software (e.g., McAfee or Norton) installed, running, and kept current by promptly installing the upgrades and patches made available by the software manufacturer
Students enrolled in programs that require participation in academic residencies are encouraged to use a laptop or tablet computer for their work.
Additional Technology Requirements
Some programs may require additional technology requirements that are not mentioned above. Please refer to the program within the Walden University Catalog to review any special technology requirements for the program of study.
Students attending virtual residencies will have additional requirements. In addition to the current technical requirements for Walden’s online courses, the virtual residency requires you to have the following:
- Webcam (minimum resolution at 640x480 standard definition)
- Broadband Internet at 1.5 Mbps or higher (required due to streaming media needs)
- Video card with 64MB VRAM and pixel shaders or 4 texture units
- Screen resolution of 1024x768 or higher
- 2GHz Dual-core CPU or higher
During the course of the program, requirements (either hardware or software) may change from the original technology recommendation. Make sure to consult the software/hardware requirements within the program or with the faculty member or program director for any technology recommendations that may have changed since the original recommendation mentioned above or within the program of study.
Do you have additional technical questions? Request information or call 1-866-492-5336 in the United States or see a list of international phone numbers.