From fighting infectious diseases to reducing health disparities, public health professionals across the globe face new challenges every day.
Walden’s Master of Public Health (MPH) program provides the education you need to address public health issues, including:
- A solid foundation in the core areas of public health: biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health, public health administration, and social and behavioral sciences.
- A global perspective on public health, enriched by the experiences of students from all over the world.
- Interactive and enhanced media that allow students to simulate real-world public health issues and solutions.
- A cutting-edge online environment and curriculum featuring case studies on the latest public health issues.
- A field experience designed for an immediate impact on your career and your community.
Reflecting Walden’s decades of commitment to positive social change, the master's in public health program prepares you to improve the health of communities and deal with health disparities within a wide range of settings.
How can a graduate degree in public health advance my career?
While it is possible to gain valuable experience working in the field, many public health careers require a graduate degree, such as a master's in public health, for entry or advancement.
A graduate degree in public health is a good investment if you want to:
- Develop the leadership and communication skills needed to influence public health policies and programs.
- Gain the multidisciplinary, global perspective required to address complex health issues.
- Acquire the specialized expertise required to design and develop programs that address emerging public health challenges and breakthroughs.
- Develop systematic approaches to eliminating disparities in underserved communities.
Master's Programs in Public Health
Walden offers both the Master of Public Health and M.S. in Health Education and Promotion. View a comparison of the two programs.
Walden’s master's in public health program is part of one of the largest suites of public health programs available online today . Along with a B.S. in Public Health and Ph.D. in Public Health, Walden provides public health professionals with a continuous path for career growth.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.