Walden graduates more nurses with advanced degrees than any other university.1
As an RN, you make a difference every day. Create a positive impact for your patients, your profession, and your future – with a degree from Walden.
Flexibility to Fit Your Schedule
At Walden, we are dedicated to offering education options designed to fit the needs of working professionals like you. That is why we offer a wide range of learning options, including a standard, course-based experience, and Tempo Learning®.
Get the support you need to thrive, including Student Success Advising, practicum support, and an online community of nurses.
Our nursing didactic faculty all have doctorates2 as well as real-world experience treating diverse patient populations.
Enhance your learning with patient simulation software, strength-finding tools, realistic case studies, and more.
We partner with leading healthcare organizations and associations to offer many nurses exclusive tuition savings.3
CCNE-Accredited Online Nursing Degree Programs
Our online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner Certificate program, and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, which ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing. Our curriculum is aligned to standards established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Walden’s Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master’s Certificate program helps academically prepare you to become an AGACNP.
Family Nurse Practitioner
Walden’s Post-Master’s Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner program academically prepares you to deliver holistic, high-quality primary care for patients of all ages.
Psychiatric - Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Walden’s Post-Master’s Certificate in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program academically prepares you to oversee patients’ mental well-being.
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Walden’s Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master’s Certificate program helps academically prepare you to become an AGPCNP.
FAQ About Walden’s Online Nursing Degree Programs
- Choose the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) if you’re an RN looking to hone your leadership and practical skills and gain a credential that sets you apart in the eyes of employers. A BSN also serves as a bridge to an advanced nursing degree.
- Choose the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) if you aspire to seek certification as a nurse practitioner (NP) or if you want to pursue a career in a specialty area such as teaching, executive leadership, or nursing informatics.
- Choose the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) if you want to strengthen your advanced nursing practice, augment healthcare delivery, and improve patient outcomes.
- Choose the PhD in Nursing if you want to help shape the future of healthcare as a nurse researcher, educator, or policy maker.
There’s a path to success for every level in your nursing career at Walden. Once you’ve identified which degree you ultimately want, you can determine which path fits you best.
- RN to BSN: Choose this track if you are a registered nurse (RN) and want to earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
- RN-BSN-Accelerate Into Master’s: Choose this track in the bachelor’s program if you want to take some master’s-level courses as an undergraduate. These credits will transfer to your MSN program once you complete your BSN.
- BSN to MSN: Choose this track if you are an RN entering the MSN program and have already earned your BSN degree.
- RN to MSN: Choose this track if you are an RN entering the MSN program with a hospital diploma or an associate degree in nursing.
- DNP to PhD: Choose the Bridge Option if you have a DNP and want to get a PhD in Nursing.
Answering this question starts with knowing which patient populations you want to work with, where you prefer to work, and what role you want to play within the healthcare system. Registered nurses who want to continue to work directly with patients may decide to seek certification as a nurse practitioner (NP). Nurses who aspire to teach other nurses or seek executive-level roles can pursue a specialty practice degree in areas such as education, leadership, or informatics.
A practicum gives students valuable practical experience by allowing them to apply their new knowledge and skills in real-life situations and settings. Although students are responsible for initiating their search for a field site based on their geographic preferences, Walden offers a dedicated support staff—including student success advising and practicum coordinators—to assist students.
Admissions requirements for online nursing degree programs typically include the submission of a completed online application and transcripts from other institutions. However, there may be additional requirements depending on the academic program you choose. At Walden, only registered nurses may apply to our online nursing degree programs.