General Considerations for International Students
- English is the language of instruction. Please review English proficiency requirements prior to application.
- Walden University is not authorized to grant student visas for study in the United States. However, Walden does offer assistance in obtaining a visa to attend U.S. based academic residencies for certain master’s and doctoral programs.
- Depending on the degree level you wish to study, you will need a U.S. equivalent high school diploma, associate's, bachelor's or master's degree from an institution accredited by your country's higher education authority.
- You may have your transcript(s) evaluated free of charge if you are applying for a Walden program.
- International applicants are urged to take into consideration any additional steps required for transcript evaluation and to complete the admissions process. Please plan accordingly to meet application deadlines.
- You will need regular access to a computer with a reliable internet connection (Broadband is highly recommended).
Many countries have their own accrediting bodies, and degree recognition differs from country to country. Prospective students who reside outside of the United States are advised to review accreditation requirements for their own country to confirm recognition of their Walden program of choice.
Walden offers many degree and certificate program options that can help your employees move ahead in their career, no matter where they are on their educational journey. Choose "Find Your Degree" from the top of the page and start exploring your options.
Walden University is an accredited institution that has been serving the higher education needs of working professionals for more than 40 years. The university promotes lifelong learning by offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees online in areas of study ranging from health and education to management and public administration. It is distinguished by high academic standards, experienced faculty, and a rigorous curriculum. Using an array of technology, the university delivers an online education experience when, where, and how students need it. Walden programs help students achieve their goals so that, as graduates, they can help advance the lives of others.
Accreditation is a mark of quality. Walden has been accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) since 1990. The HLC is a commission of the North Central Association, one of the six regional accrediting associations recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Walden also holds specialized accreditations from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC), and ABET.
Mission and Vision
Walden University provides a diverse community of career professionals with the opportunity to transform themselves as scholar-practitioners so that they can effect positive social change.
Walden University envisions a distinctively different 21st-century learning community where knowledge is judged worthy to the degree that it can be applied by its graduates to the immediate solutions of critical societal challenges, thereby advancing the greater global good.